• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trussed D44 for sale

krelja

NAXJA Forum User
So i'm gettin rid of the XJ and there is a bunch more stuff to come. But first my dana 44 has to go. I bought this thing years ago and never got around to putting it in. So here are the specs for it. It's a stock XJ 44, open carrier 4.56 gears, tubes are welded, it's trussed, ruffstuff cover countersunk holes etc, lubelocker gasket, raised shock mounts, drum brakes all new assembled and ready to go. Hard lines are run to about the stock location. Since it is ready to go I'm asking $1500 so make some offers and I'll get some pics up soon. I don't want to ship this thing but may be able to meet somewhere

Here are a few pics I also have NIB 4.56 gears and an open carrier for the d30
jeep001.jpg

jeep002.jpg

jeep003.jpg

make some offers I want this gone

btt $1000 plus the gears and carrier for the front

Love weyerbacher but those are filled with homebrew btt just make offers who knows what I'll take

couple of questions: where in nj are you (pm me), who installed the gears, are there any problems/questions with this axle/brakes/gears, what kind of axle shafts and what is the spline count?

you said this a stock D44 so it should be the correct width and pretty much a bolt in and run brake line application?

I'm in northern NJ near flanders, chester area. The gears were installed by a shop in Boonton called Drivetrain Dynamics. He was highly recommended by many people around here seemed to do a good job. The other thing is these gears have never been run so they could probably be moved to a full case locker without to many issues. It has no problems to date the thing has been sitting in my basement because I just wanted to put it in without having to rebuild the brakes outside. Then my tranny problems hit and I wasn't putting a geared axle in when I would loose overdrive at least once a day. I probably wouldn't be able to go over 35 without OD

They are in a box with the rest of the hardwarefor the axle. Like I said before this axle hasn't been run since it's been cleaned up and geared. Almost everything on this axle is new. The only things that haven't been changed are the shafts even though they have all new bearings and plates and the housing itself

Hey, am I on your ignore list? I pm'd you about this axle right after you first posted, I explained special circumstances and asked some questions. I am in South Jersey and am interested, can come to pick up if we arrive at an agreement. I am still waiting for a reply ...

Back