• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help from France : Where can I buy some OEM parts ???

TJE

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,
I'm a recent owner of a XJ 4.0 limited auto 1990 with a 3" lift in progress.
I live in France, and there, the OEM parts are very expensive (ex. $200 for an oxygen sensor)
So I try to shop abroad online, but it's not so easy!!
I tried with jeep4x4center.com ; the contact is OK (they send the quotation) but when it's time to place the order : no answer!!!
Do you have some address for me ???
What I need is :
oxygen sensor, Oil Pressure Switch, Temperature Sensor, Throttle Positioning Sensor, Crankshaft Position Sensor, Automatic Idle Speed Control

Thanks in advance for your answers,

I live in Villeparisis, just east of Paris and I have the same problem with parts for my '92 Limited. Previously, I have relied heavily on eBay to get what I need at a 'sane' price. The increases in shipping costs late last year have forced me to be much more selective in the purchases I make.

I recently received some great advice from a fellow NAXJA member in France:

Steve (Correze)
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Chrysler sent the list of my factory installed components...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefpac
Now for he best part of all: Jeeps are IMPORT cars in France. Anyone want to guess how much replacement parts and service cost over here? (Clue: DAIMLER-Chrysler. Can you say Mercedes-Benz?)

If it's a '92, you might have better luck (and a larger wallet afterwards) going to a Renault garage.

The Cherokee was designed during the AMC-Renault years and was sold in France as a Renault until about '93-'94 when Chrysler started "officially" Importing them for the European market.

Parts at my local garage (Renault) are about 2/3 the price of parts at the local motor factors. I haven't even dared ask at a Chrysler dealer.

I haven't had an opportunity to talk to my local Renault dealer yet but I'll need to buy a couple of oil and air filters soon. I guess its time to give Renault a try. It can't be worse than Chrysler...

Let me know what you need. I ship a bunch of parts overeas to a few buddies of mine.

BonesBrosChris said:
Let me know what you need. I ship a bunch of parts overeas to a few buddies of mine.[/quot

Hello BonesBrosChris,

Thanks a lot for your help. My need is (for a '90XJ 4.0 limited):eek:xygen sensor, Oil Pressure Switch, Temperature Sensor, Throttle Positioning Sensor, Crankshaft Position Sensor, Automatic Idle Speed Control

Back