• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Light Switch Removal

88XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know a simple way of removing the brake light switch without cruise on an 88? Would I need any tools to do this change, as I din't have any...Im not leaving school until I get this thing changed, so a quick answer would be appreciated.

THANKS.

Its easy... but you will need a schematic with you (should be in a haynes definetly in a FSM) of how everything goes back together. Its pretty self explanitory if you take the parts off and lay them out on the floor. (if your good at remembering how things came apart). Just one bolt and nut thats it. Took me approx 10 minutes to do it slowly cause it was my first time.

Yes you need tools. A couple of small adj wrenches will work. Not hard. 10min maybe. I would pull your brake/haz fuse first though. I will keep you from shorting out the new switch and poss blowing the fuse.
:patriot:

Back