• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91' factory security system, driver side lock sets off alarm!

woodyjeep

NAXJA Forum User
One day I locked my keys in my car and being a new driver that I was, called someone to unlock my car. They of course didn't guarantee the safety of my power door locks (I was new and stupid). Well, when they got done, I noticed that if I unlock my jeep with the driver side lock my alarm goes off.

The stealership said it was the lock cylinder. Could it be anything else? Anyone ever replace a lock cylinder? Is it easy?

thanks

This was over 2 years ago and it really hasn't bothered my since I'm not home to drive it very often.

Last edited:
its not the lock cylinder itself,it is the disarm switch that clips on to the back of the lock cylinder. it probably got knocked off while trying to unlock the door. it may just snap back on or it may have been damaged. either way whoever told you at the dealer was inexperienced, probably a service writer. complaints should never be diagnosed over the phone, it can give misleading information

I had to do this on my jeep awhile back. There's a plastic clip that goes behind the key lock. It has a metal clip thats supposed to keep it in place. I had replaced the clip on it and it did fine until I closed my door for the 4th time. That meant I had to go back inside the door, not much room there either. But the clip didn't seem to be working so I got some duct tape around it a few times. :cheers: . Some useful stuff right there. Well its held for the better part of a year so far no problems.

Is it a pain in the butt to take off the door panel? Also, if I need replacement clips do I get it from the dealer or will Auto Zone carry it? Thanks

Back