• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help for my xj from france

david nourrisson

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,
At this time, my xj have a 3' lift suspension trailmaster and i'm on 31' tires...
I want to trim front and rear fenders and cut the lower quarters (like in the book of eric zappe)...
with this modification, can i put 32' or 33' tires without more lifting ??
Thanks for your posts:confused:

Hi David, At 3.5 inches, and fenders cut My 31's would still rub up front when fully articulated and detach my flares. If you have stock backspacing they might be okay. They will rub on the lower control arms when turning sharp , and also may run in inner wheel wells when articulating. You can replace your rubber bumpstops with longer ones to help keep from rubbing

And with a 2' front coil spacer and a pair of rear revolver shackles, is it better ????
I have stock control arms
You probably be okay! Like anything there is variables, but a safe bet you'll be good. I now have 4.5 and 2 inch spacers and shackles and 33's and Im good. Moving to 35's this spring, with some adjustments

thanks for the link, i just have a big problem to install the revolver shakles...
my xj has a complet exhaust systems BORLA, and it don't work with the position of the end of the cat-back system and the revolver shakles...
I also want to cut this end off my cat-back if not, it will be crashed becaused this parts of the exhausts system BORLA is too exposed in off-road !!

thanks a lot, David

my xj in preparation...
c:

I have 32s on a 3" lift, but I have 8" wide wheels with a little more BS. Not to say that they don't rub sometimes, but rubbing never hurt nothing!!

I have a friend that's got 33s on a 3" lift....and serious trimming!!

Last edited:
i'm at about 3.5" and 33x12.5's on 15x8 with 3.75"bs? i trimmed the fronts up a lot and still rub on the inners but nothing a sledge couldn't fix...
all depends on how much you want to cut/hit things

What BS mean ?? I don't really understand
"but I have 8" wide wheels with a little more BS" ???
"on 15x8 with 3.75"BS" ???
Thank you for your help...

Back