• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8th Annual Turkey Day Run!

NW99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
It's that time of year again... Our 8th annual Thanksgiving (Turkey Day) Run at TSF is right around the corner!!!

What: Camping, wheelin, and all around good times!

Where: Tillamook State Forest (Browns Camp area)

When: November 29th through Dec 1st.

Who: Everyone is invited! Just come prepared and act responsibly!

Camping: IF you want to brave the elements.... We'll shoot for Horse Camp.
It has worked out great in the past. Keep in mind, camping is now banned in the covered area there, so if you're tenting it, be prepared.
Bring a tarp and some rope... you'll most likely need it.

As always, please come prepared. There may be snow, and I assume it will be quite cold. It is always wet that time of year, so pack accordingly.
Tarps, rain gear, first aid, etc... LOTS OF FIREWOOD IS A GREAT IDEA TOO!!!

Please take a few moments to check out the
Vehicle and Trail Preparedness Checklist and our NWC Minimum Vehicle Equipment and Participation Standards threads to make sure your rig is ready.
And as always..... front and rear tow points and a working CB are highly recommended if you want to be rescued from anything.

Camping is not mandatory, and many choose not to, the main run will be Saturday morning, (many like to use Friday to get in some Xmas shopping - and that's understood.)
Meet up will be Horsecamp Saturday morning, plan on a departure time of around 9am or so.

Trip reports for prior years:
Turkey Day Run 2012
Turkey Day Run 2011

Last edited:
Put in for a vacation day for that Friday. I will probably leave in the morning providing there is no snow up to the camp ground.

That Pallet Ride Video is still to this day one of my most favorite NAXJA Vids of all time.

ary8ypan.jpg

Ya know.. I really hate my work schedule sometimes. The schedule says everyone is required to work this weekend..

ary8ypan.jpg

Ya know.. I really hate my work schedule sometimes. The schedule says everyone is required to work this weekend..

Does your employer hate there employes? Of all weekends why would they wait until thanksgiving to make everyone work?

What if you would like to drive to great grandmas house that's 4 hours away and maybe stay the weekend?

Does your employer hate there employes? Of all weekends why would they wait until thanksgiving to make everyone work?

What if you would like to drive to great grandmas house that's 4 hours away and maybe stay the weekend?

Look at this 3 month schedule
uhe5y9ur.jpg
and I haven't even finished signing up for ot yet

Look at this 3 month schedule
uhe5y9ur.jpg
and I haven't even finished signing up for ot yet

Ok, that paints a larger image. The first pic just looked like they hated you.

I once had an employer that got there rocks off doing things like that. Make everyone work every holiday every year. Year after year after year. Working odd off hours and weird split days off. It did pay very well, but in the long run I felt it wasn't worth it.

Now I work M-F days for half the income.

Ok, that paints a larger image. The first pic just looked like they hated you.

I once had an employer that got there rocks off doing things like that. Make everyone work every holiday every year. Year after year after year. Working odd off hours and weird split days off. It did pay very well, but in the long run I felt it wasn't worth it.

Now I work M-F days for half the income.

I'm starting to feel that way about this job. With all the ot we have to work, and how often we actually get a full weekend off, it's getting really frustrating. But, they are paying for my schooling, and with my income from then I plan on buying a house.. So... I guess I can't really complain. But it makes it hard when I really want to do stuff like this, or family get togethers and I can't get time off

Back