• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Converting transmission cooler to flexible lines

tumble

NAXJA Forum User
I need to relocate one of my transmission lines to make some room, and I'm considering my options. I could use a conversion fitting for the factory hard line to -6 AN and cut my hard lines and splice in a section of flexible tubing and leave the factory ends intact. I could probably even just cut and flare the factory tubing and just clamp in some rubber hose.

But I'm considering converting everything from the transmission forward to two new flexible lines from the transmission outlet all the way to the factory cooler. It looks like the transmission side requires 14mm-1.5 to -6 AN adapters and o-rings. I haven't found any part numbers or sizes to convert back from 3/8-inch hose to the factory transmission cooler ports.

Does anybody have a write-up or recommendation?

Here are the trans adapter fittings and Orings

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I built mine using mostly summit racing brand fittings and their ptfe -6an hose

Not all xj radiators are the same. What year is yours and what type/size of fittings does it have?

I've a 1997 XJ sport. I'm going to pull the hard lines off this week and I'll double check the radiator side fittings. I got the last of my Boostwerks comp mount fitting done this weekend and the trans lines are the last thing to get done before it's all buttoned up.

Back