NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old January 8th, 2021, 16:14
NAXJA Forum User

Injectors

OK guys, A buddy and I just purchased an 01 xj with a blown motor. He wants the donor jeep after I pull a few things off it. It has an after market billet aluminum fuel rail and Bosch 4 hole injectors. I have no idea how long ago they were installed. I've already pulled them off and they look good . However, is there a way to test them before I install them on mine? They physically look good and all the o-rings look good. Or do I just hit them with some carb cleaner and go for it? Also, is the fuel rail really an upgrade, or just eye candy?
Old January 8th, 2021, 18:04
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Injectors

This guys has a pretty good way of doing it with a battery, couple wires, rubber hose and a can o carb cleaner.
I've done this before to test if an injector was good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eDcY0WhALI

I had a couple dirty ones. I've got Ford 5.0 injectors in there now.
Old January 8th, 2021, 19:26
NAXJA Forum User

Thanks for the info. Think I'll try it.
Old January 9th, 2021, 10:00
NAXJA Forum User

there are write up on the four hole verses stock. Some say the four hole spray pattern has issues, others swear by them. some folks who say these i jectors are golden cure alls, probably think so cause they replaced bad injectors with good four hole injectors.

If your injectors are running ok now, I see no reason to change them at this time, else it is eye candy or bragging rights. Unless you got a bad injector now, you likely wont notice any improvement. if you suspect dirty injectors, run a bottle of fuel tank injector cleaner thru the system. I run the chevron cleaner thru at least once a year on my injected cars as a preventative