• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's this blue hose coming out the top of my front dif?!?!?

BajaCurt

NAXJA Forum User
So I pick up my XJ from the shop a week ago and I notice a few things are different. There is this blue hose coming out the top of my front dif and it runs up into the engine compartment to some silver thingy. There are switches in my console in front of the shifter. When I push one I hear this buzzing noise for a short while and then it stops. Hmmmm what did those boys over at T&J do to my Jeep? And something about Grande 30 spline this and Alloy USA 4340 Chromoly that. And just in time for the Rock Garden this Sat. Woooo Hoooo!!!!
So now the front axle is pretty well there and I need to continue saving for the build up of the rear Dana 44 that I bought.

001a.jpg

006a.jpg

010a.jpg

013a.jpg

016a.jpg

005a.jpg

012a.jpg

You love that little blue hose popping out your pumpkin hugh!!>??

My detroit doesn't have that issue of not locking up like the ARB guys have. :)

Oh, who did the wiring? Could they have at least run the wires in from behind the console so you don't see them wrap around??? :)

markw said:
Oh, who did the wiring? Could they have at least run the wires in from behind the console so you don't see them wrap around??? :)
oh, could you for once just say "hey way to go you got something you wanted" without shitting on the parade? you are one cocky, high and mighty SOB. i sure hope you are the master of everything automotive related, the way you come down on people... i just hope im there to jump down your throat next time you post something that may not be the best idea ever concieved by all of mankind. you act like you are king dingaling of auto repair.. what are your certifications? what gives you the right to act like you are better than anyone else here at anything? i may be out of line right now but WTF im tired of you acting like a F#@$ing smartass.

if im wrong and you have full ASE certs im sorry, otherwise, stop being such a interweb smartass toughguy.

.!. :D .!.

Chill, see the smiley?? There's some standards ya know. They did everything else nice and then wrapped the wiring around the console instead of pulling the console up drilling a hole and mounting it. If he paid them for the install, they should've at least routed the wiring so all you see is the switches. Call it selectable locker envy... I'm going to be hating my cheap ass front lockright in Moab...

Uh, no ASE, didn't want to work on cars for a living, so I joined the service. Dad is full ASE and any work I did for him had to live up to his standards. He got burned out on fixing other mechanics crap. I didn't see me pursuing the same thing. Yeah, 4 years of votech school, working for dad growing up. VA will pay to take the ASE certs, hmmmm... :)
What I don't know is bodywork and I should've gone that route. Taking night classes for that now. However, I'm a systems administrator during the day and intraweb flame thrower at night. :) I still like giving you a hard time for being a parts guy, but you sound like you have a clue, thanks for backing up the parts numbers earlier.

ah well i see you are reading this thread, no doubt trying to come up with something witty to say about how bad parts guys are. you've insulted me on at least 2 occasions when ive tried to give part numbers or advice to fellow members. i'll have some words for you at the rock garden if you feel the need to come introduce yourself, most of the people there should be able to tell you who i am.

see you then.
-G

markw said:
:) I still like giving you a hard time for being a parts guy.
im tired of assholes like you walking in the door assuming i dont know WTF im doing. if you want that shit go to autozone. you piss me off.

if you want a parts guy who knows WTF they are doing ask me. dont reply to my posts saying "fking parts guys :rolleyes:" that shit SERIOUSLY pisses me off. i work hard to be good at my job. i dont appreciate asshats walking in assuming they know everything. if you knew everything you wouldnt need me, would you?

markw said:
... I'm going to be hating my cheap ass front lockright in Moab...

Thought you said you had a detroit?? Maybe you have full carrier envy also, luchbox boy!!

:D

mattyj said:
Thought you said you had a detroit?? Maybe you have full carrier envy also, luchbox boy!!

:D

Detroit is in the rear. I did Kevin's route up front.

markw said:
Detroit is in the rear. I did Kevin's route up front.

I have detroit rear too, but i thought we were talking front ends. Anyways.......

:looney:

Back