• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DEATH WOBBLE HELP!

98xjStacee

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I rebuilt my front end on my 98 xj after hitting a pothole and blowing out tie rod ends. I did all this is this order. I replaced ball joints, steering box with a Durango upgrade in the same day. Following that I replaced my trac bar to an upgraded trac bar. I went to JCR and bought the one ton steering kit from them. Installed it took it to alignment shop, said my steering box was bad. On the way home from shop I got death wobble 3 times within less than 100 yards. It would not stop until I got down below 5mph. I bought a steering box brace/frame stiffener from boosted werks that I have not installed yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ok so I rebuilt my front end on my 98 xj after hitting a pothole and blowing out tie rod ends. I did all this is this order. I replaced ball joints, steering box with a Durango upgrade in the same day. Following that I replaced my trac bar to an upgraded trac bar. I went to JCR and bought the one ton steering kit from them. Installed it took it to alignment shop, said my steering box was bad. On the way home from shop I got death wobble 3 times within less than 100 yards. It would not stop until I got down below 5mph. I bought a steering box brace/frame stiffener from boosted werks that I have not installed yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This might be a clue.

Back