• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor mount issue...

Tacowhip

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, over the fall, my right motor mount bracket busted off the block. I removed the broken bolts in the block and went with a brown dog super bracket, and a stock style rubber mount. Over the next few weeks the Jeep developed this clunk over the next few weeks, and I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out where it was coming from. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I found that the brown dog super bracket was laying on the actual motor mount, causing the clunk. Anyone have this issue? I wanted to keep the stock style mounts, because I’ve heard the rubber bushing style mounts have bad vibrations. I may not have a choice but to go to the bushing style mount.
0d29b0f2545e020ae26d7b4863f96f18.jpg
93168f227475d2c1ca65d81caa6b1452.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's not intended to be used with junk OEM motor mounts. ;)

I thought the same thing too. I called brown dog support and the guy said I was able to use stock mounts. Oh well. Guess I’m getting the brown dog mounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suggest the Stinky fab ones. You get less vibration.

I use dealer motor mounts with those Brown Dog Mounts and don't have any problems.

I found the Brown Dog Rubber Mounts vibrated too much for my liking.

Back