• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A 4x4 is Born....

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
Download a show called "A 4x4 is born" from the net, features about 15? episodes, but covers up some cool, cheap, interesting ideas on building a 4x4 from ground up. BTW it was aired on UKs Discovery channel. Quite cool.... more knowledge there than in JP's magazines!

got link?

just watched the fist few episodes, and its amazing... :)

More info here

http://www.difflock.com/buyersguide/newproducts/4x4born/index.shtml

i used eMule and Bitcomet to download all the episodes.
watch it, its really worth all the info. Tons of tech shit.

BTW, i have MOST of episodes, and can upload them somewhere, so they are available, but i have no space, bandwidth on my box... PM me if you want me to do so-share it.

well, im on episode 7 of the whole 15 made, and i really think that this should be a prerequisite to posting any questions to this site. It explains a LOT about suspension, and whole 4x4 deal. Tons of tech stuff, about gears, how they work, how air lockers work, how to rebuild a rear end, cage, angles, how to mount it... etc... . Manual transmissions are also explained briefly. Really cool show to watch, wish Discovery here would do something like that....

Last edited:
Purple said:
well, im on episode 7 of the whole 15 made, and i really think that this should be a prerequisite to posting any questions to this site. It explains a LOT about suspension, and whole 4x4 deal. Tons of tech stuff, about gears, how they work, how air lockers work, how to rebuild a rear end, cage, angles, how to mount it... etc... . Manual transmissions are also explained briefly. Really cool show to watch, wish Discovery here would do something like that....

Got a link to a torrent file? Haven't been able to find one worth a damn.

i have these files, and can upload them somewhere, but i got them from eMule, not from bit torrent. if i can be of any help, let me know.

Purple said:
wish Discovery here would do something like that....

If they ran it here back-to-back with Top Gear... *Drool*.

Memo to the Discovery Channel: if you bring either one of these back or over, for God's sake DON'T AMERICANISE THEM! Really, we can cope with the way they were originally made.

Back