• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear disc brake conversion- brake lines

bknudtsen

NAXJA Forum User
I am about to convert my rear brakes to discs. What I need is some advice about is how to tie in the new plumbing to the old. I need to get a small length of tubing to go from the caliper to the hard line. Also, I think I need to trim the hard line back away from the new backing plate. Maybe I can just bend it up out of the way.

Can anyone suggest a source for the new soft brake lines? BTW, I am using the Teraflex conversion.

Thanks in advance,

Brad

When I did my XJ D44 to ZJ rear disc conversion I used the Rubicon D44 brake lines. They are a one piece hard line and flexible rubber hose at the end that attaches to the calipers and come with small mounting brackets attached. Seems to work great.

RT side 52009092AE $12.75
LT side 52009093AE $6.60

Bryan

I'm not familiar with the teraflex conversion, but as long as it uses GM calipers the front brakelines from an '87 astro van will work and NAPA has them for $7. They work great, bolted right up to the hardlines and bolted right into the calipers. HTH

Ary

Currie sells a kit just for this, complete with brake lines, banjo bolts, axle clips, and sealing washers. The part number is #6013, runs about $40 IIRC. I know this kit is supposed to work with both ZJ and Rubicon disc brake swaps. Try giving Dirk a call at DPGOffroad, I'm sure he can swing you a deal.

Back