• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubberized undercoating help.....

noise reducer yes, It can trap moisture though. My bro patched some holes, por15'd it, sprayed in undercoating on the floor and threw his carpet back in, this summer his carpet absorbed the black undercoat and ruined it. It's supposed to last a while ,I'm nor a big fan. try bedliner ?

Dont use undercoating, it's not a rust perventer. A spray on Berliner will work 100x better.

Yup, go for a spray on bedliner. If you cant afford one, save the money.
I tried the roll on Herculiner, its no good.It fades and peels off. that might have been my application, but i prepped to the letter, and applied it just as it said.
I wont use it again. The ruberized undercoating i sprayed on my waverunner trailer for fun once and that stuff comes off on your hands when its hot, and i know UV rays shouldnt be an issue because its designed for undercarrige use, but it turned white wtihin a couple weeks.

Rubberized undercoating in a can is a total waste of money.

It doesn't much do what they tell you it will do. It will not waterproof anything, and is a rust attractor instead of a rust preventor. It you have seams under your XJ you wish to seal, I recomend latex caulk. If you have undercarriage rust, use a rust catalyist, then paint it.

It will reduce noise, a little bit, but only because it weighs something.

On the underside, you'd be better off using roofing compound than Ruberized Undercoating, if you're going to use anything.

Back