• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My experience with RwkHausSupply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Jeckel

NAXJA Forum User
I debated on wether or not to post this because they typically just cause more stress than its worth but I feel like I need to share the information for those who might care.
I realize this is also my first post and would rather it have not been this type.I used to get onto forums and post questions and comments and have found in the recent years that anytime a question is posted the inevitable reply of "search" appears so that is just what I do now...I search until I find the information I need.
A quick background on me. I am 30 years old, married for 7 years, have two boys and a Bachelors degree in Engineering Technology.
Here are a couple quick picks of my jeep which is a 94 xj with an IRO longarm lift. I made the bumpers, skidplates and rock sliders for it and have enjoyed it since I bought it stock back in June.
front.jpg

frontflex.jpg

sliders.jpg

Now to my experience. I am not going to try and paraphrase my conversation and would rather just let the conversation below speak for itself and let you make your own decision about the siuation.
I'm sure there will probably be people who take both sides and that is fine, but this is mainly put out there for those who see things the way I do and to give them more information before they make a purchase.

I copied and pasted the emails in and didn't flip their order so you'll have to read from bottom to the top and the first emails started from my iphone so they have junk in front of them.....sorry.

Here are the two pictures of the axles that are referenced in the email correspondence:
Axleshaft1.jpg

axleshaft2.jpg

I know it is a long read but I feel it is necessary to read the whole thing in order to formulate your own conclusion. I hope this post will help others who feel as I do.

Thanks,
James

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:33 AM
To: Hyde, James E
Subject: RE: In response to your post on naxja.org about the Super 30 Kit
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
I feel you are just looking for something to complain about.
<o:p> </o:p>
I offered you to KEEP the axles, AND gave you *pricing removed* off ANY online discount stores price on them.
And your TV analogy is very off. But that's your opinion.
I am not trying to get you to EVER buy anything from me again, I can see what type of person you are, but I AM trying to make you at least happy with this one. Even though the price you got was cheaper than ANYONE else and got the parts 1-3 days faster than anyone else, and so if you threw away those inner axles you still came out hundreds less than ANYONE else. IE, the type of person you are....
Robert
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:25 AM
To: [email protected]
Somehow I kinda expected this is the route you would take. I could call you, but I'm sure you are excellent at "discussing" problems with customers and how it isn't your fault and you did absolutely nothing wrong.
I could "discuss" with you how I feel, just like how I felt that the u-joint bore hole being 3/16" off center is a manufacturer defect, you said it's just a "slight offset" and would still make me pay a restocking fee to try and swap it out for a product that is right.
I haven't been able to put the shafts together and check to see if they align properly, which I hope they do or they're worthless. At the very least they are not as structural sound as a shaft that has been manufactured properly and no matter how good they are, they will fail before a correct part.
Would you buy a color tv "for a great deal" from a business and you get it and half of the screen showed in black in white instead of color, you call them and they reply with "I didn't say the whole screen was color, but I gave you a great deal so what are you complaining about?", because that's basically what I feel you've done to me here.
When I asked what brand were the shafts, you said they were Yukon shafts, plain and simple.
Here is where you said it:
>>>> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:46 PM
>>>> To: Hyde, James E
>>>> Subject: RE: In response to your post on naxja.org about the Super
>>>> 30
> Kit
>>>>
>>>> Well it has gone up 7% (supplier cost increase in the last 2 months).
>>>>
>>>> No to bearings add *pricing removed* for a pr of carrier bearings and races.
>>>> Yes to axle seals.
>>>> Yukon shafts w Spicer 760 ujoints.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Thank you,
>>>> Robert Kobal
>>>> 714) 875-2414
>>>> [rwkhausNAXJAsm]<http://www.rwkhaussupply.com/>
>>>><o:p> </o:p>
No where did you say that I would get anything from USA standard gear.
I believe that omitting something is lying, but that's just me. I always tell my students to never assume something and here I assumed I was dealing with an honest person and I guess that's my fault.
You won't be receiving any of my business, which I'm sure is fine with you and I will be sure to let everyone I know about the way you "took care of me".
Good luck with you company.
James Hyde
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:55 AM
The shafts are Randys shafts technically. Randys imports all his shafts from the SAME factory. When they get to Washington they undergo a quality inspection (sampling of 5-20% depending), ALL products that fail ANY test that compromise strength or durability are rejected and never sold by them.
All products that are not perfect in some visual way are sold as USA standard and the rest that are cosmetically pleasing, are sold as Yukon.
They are the Same Exact Shafts in the box, but one looks pretty, and one might have phosphate or oil discoloration, etc.
Now to your order.
I Gave you about *pricing removed* OFF the regular Great price I typically sell what you received, and never did I say all the shafts were Yukon, In fact on the invoice/receipt I simply listed them as:
"D30-30-4340-spicer - TJ XJ D30 - 30 spline 4340 axle kit w Spicer 760 ujoints - lifetime warr on axles"
I gave you a lifetime warranty on the axles, and also discounted the *pricing removed* air locker to *pricing removed*!
If you would like to return the uninstalled axles that is fine. As stated there is a restocking fee. Since in NO way was there ANY "False Advertising".
I am surprised you are even bringing up anything to do with being overcharged! It is *pricing removed* JUST FOR THE 2 OUTER AXLES you received and then *pricing removed* for the ujoints.
Try adding up everything you got and then let me know how you were overcharged for your total order?
I am sorry you are not happy with the Look of a axle. It is stronger than ANY other brand out there in a production ujoint style (test show it), and in no way has failed, or it will gladly be replaced. In over 300 sets now and about hundred more Just inner USA Standard boxed axles, Only one has
been returned, in about 3 yrs now.
Call and ask Nitro or Ten Factory how many they have had returned.
If you were like to further discuss this, please call me.
Robert
714-875-2414
PS, IF you were like to EXCHANGE the inner axles you received, and they are new never installed, I will let you at a no restocking fee. Total credit will be *pricing removed* and the YUKON marked inners will be *pricing removed*, plus about *pricing removed* in shipping.
http://www.ringpinion.com/b2c/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=7750
http://www.ringpinion.com/b2c/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=7751
So total would be *pricing removed* to your door. And to REALLY GO OUT OF MY WAY, I will let you KEEP the ones you have now. That's taking *pricing removed* off your order and you get to keep *pricing removed* in axles!
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 8:23 AM
To: Robert
Hello again Robert.
I have discovered a problem.
I was looking on Randys Ring & Pinion to get pricing for rear axles and gears for the rear end and noticed that the part number for the shafts you sold me, that were supposed to be Yukon shafts (which you said in this email
correspondence) are actually the part number for the USA Standard Gear shafts which are over half the price of the actual Yukon shafts at about *pricing removed* a piece.
After everything that I have read about USA Standard Gear products over many years, I know that there products are not that good and I would not have bought the shafts if I would've known this. This probably also explains the poor workmanship with regards to the holes in the axle shaft ears.
I hope this was just overlooked somehow, because otherwise I would consider this would be some pretty bad false advertising.
I hope you plan on making this right by either sending me actual Yukon shafts (I will send the USA shafts back upon receiving shipping label) or refunding my money.
I apologize if I seem a little short, but it is frustrating when I thought I got a good deal, getting shafts for half the price of retail only to find out that I actually paid the same price as retail.
I await your response.
Thank you,
James Hyde
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:55 AM
If I had to guess how many yukon axles I have sold in the last 2 yrs, I would have to say about 200+. Out of those 200 sets, I have had one returned. Only one. And that one was not even broken. The ujoint hole was opened up due to the tire size and torque, but was replaced. I have yet to get a broken yukon shaft back. That's the reason why I sell them. I have had a LOT of Nitro shafts get returned, and that's why I went to Yukon, and track record on them make me stay with them.
As for another set. I can get you a pair of inner G2 shafts with a 10yr warranty at *pricing removed* plus shipping, prolly about *pricing removed* for shipping. Or a set of alloyusa (made in china) for about *pricing removed* for the inner set.
I would not be concerned one bit with the very slight offset. Most of the quality blanks (Ten factory, Yukon, USA Standard, G2) come from india and then its what is done next that makes them better then the others.
Yukon/USA standard are heat treated differently to product a stronger shaft then all the others.
Robert
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 7:50 AM
Well, I can't say I'm excited about those options, but I understand how things go.
It looks as though it would just be cheaper for me to buy a new set of inner shafts and hopefully they are machined better or just use them as spares.
So the question is, can you sell just the inner shafts and if so what would be the price with shipping?
Since I'm "pot committed" with these shafts basically, could you speak frankly about the quality of Yukon shafts and if I bought another pair of inners, what would be the likely hood of them being machined the same or if you've heard anyone breaking them at the ears.
Also, is there anything I need to fill out as far as the warranty is concerned, or do I just need to keep the invoice you sent me to prove that I bought them.
Thanks again for your help,
James Hyde
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:19 AM
James,
Good to hear you got everything.
As for the inner shafts. They are warrantee against any breakage and that's about all I get from my supplier. If you wanted to return the full axle kit, they will refund all but the 25% restocking fee that was explained in the invoice I sent, and you paid.
If you wanted to return them I could possibly get you a Superior at like double the cost or a Ten Factory for *pricing removed*more. Or just issue you a refund for the axle kit, minus the restocking fee.
Let me know when you ship them back and a tracking number, so they can be tracked.
Robert
RWK Haus Supply
17400 Briardale lane
Yorba Linda CA 92886
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 6:31 AM
Good Morning Robert,
I just received the Yukon shafts, zip locker and ARB compressor yesterday and everything looks good except the inner axle shafts.
I've attached two pictures showing the u-joint holes in the ears of one of the inner shafts. You can see that the hole is off center by quite a bit on the ear, about 1/8" thicker on one side. It is the same on both ears of the driver side inner shaft. Although the passenger side inner shaft is not as extreme, it is very noticeable.
I know that the shafts are supposed to have a lifetime warranty against failure, but I wouldn't feel comfortable running these shafts with confidence, in their compromised state, even though they are 4340.
The outer stub shafts appear to be perfectly centered on the ears, so I'm hoping that another set of inner shafts has had better quality control.
Please let me know what you would like to do about getting a replacement pair of inner shafts.
Thanks again for your help and customer service, I have been very happy.
James Hyde
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 5:26 PM
Oh and add *pricing removed* for wheel studs if you want new.
*pricing removed* more for the detroit locker for it.
Robert
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: In response to your post on naxja.org about the Super 30 Kit
How much also for the detroit locker for the 29 spline axles?
Thanks, James
Sent from my iPhone
On Oct 26, 2011, at 5:17 PM, "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote:
For ALL Yukon gears, master kits, and with 2 Yukon axles - *pricing removed* to your door
For USA Standard Gears and master kits (still strong and good stuff equal to motive or nitro) with 2 yukon axles - *pricing removed* to your door
Robert
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: In response to your post on naxja.org about the Super 30 Kit
Yes, hp30 front and master kits
Sent from my iPhone
On Oct 26, 2011, at 5:05 PM, "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote:
> High pinion front?
> Master kits or minimum kits?
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hyde, James E
> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:55 PM
> To: Robert
> Subject: Re: In response to your post on naxja.org about the Super 30
> Kit
>
> I just sent payment.
> What kinda price could you do on Yukon 29 spline alloy shafts with
bearings
> & seals and a Detroit locker for the rear and a set of 4.56 Yukon
> gears
for
> the front and rear with installation kits?
>
> Thanks,
> James
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> On Oct 26, 2011, at 4:37 PM, "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Yes sure do.
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Hyde, James E
>> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:35 PM
>> To: Robert
>> Subject: Re: In response to your post on naxja.org about the Super 30
>> Kit
>>
>> Sounds good I can definitely do that. Also for future reference do
>> you
> sale
>> axles and lockers for the Chrysler 8.25, since I'll be looking to
>> upgrade there as well.
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> James
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> On Oct 26, 2011, at 3:41 PM, "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok paypal inv sent.
>>>
>>> You can spread the word how RWK Haus Supply took care of you, just
>>> not
> the
>> exact price J lol
>>>
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Robert Kobal
>>> 714) 875-2414
>>> [rwkhausNAXJAsm]<http://www.rwkhaussupply.com/>
>>> From: Hyde, James E
>>> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 1:31 PM
>>> To: Robert
>>> Subject: RE: In response to your post on naxja.org about the Super
>>> 30
Kit
>>>
>>> I will take it. I have to go to a meeting, but will send payment as
soon
>> as I get home. Don't worry about me spreading the word.
>>>
>>> Thanks again for your help, I truly appreciate it.
>>>
>>> Have a great day,
>>> James Hyde
>>> From: Robert [mailto:[email protected]]
>>> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:22 PM
>>> To: Hyde, James E
>>> 30
Kit
>>>
>>> Ok I have to apologize. I have sold I think 4 e-lockers (D30-30sp)
>>> this
>> week and went ahead and checked warehouse stock and they are all gone.
No
>> more at all. There is a order to get a few more in, but the cost
>> will go
> up
>> at least *pricing removed* total more. They were significantly overstocked and
>> they
> were
>> giving them away till gone. Now they are gone.
>>>
>>> I can offer you a Great deal on a Yukon Zip air locker in 30 spline,
>>> it
>> will be significantly stronger then the E-locker. I can do that one
(just
>> this once since I assumed I had the E-locker avail still) for *pricing removed*
>> total
> to
>> your door for the Zip and the same axle kit AND a ARB compressor! I
>> will only offer this deal once and only to you. Don't go telling
>> buddys to
> order
>> this. IT is typically *pricing removed* more and up, depending on who orders it.
>>>
>>> If you would like this deal let me know. I can email you over a
>>> click
to
>> pay electronic inv thru paypal.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Robert Kobal
>>> 714) 875-2414
>>> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 1:14 PM
>>> 30
Kit
>>>
>>> Well, I talked with the wife and I would like to order the package
>>> with
>> new carrier bearings and races.
>>> Do I need to get a code or something to order them on the website,
>>> or
how
>> do I need to do it?
>>> I have a paypal account or discovercard, so as long as you except
>>> either
>> of those I can order it today.
>>>
>>> Thanks again,
>>> James Hyde
>>> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:59 PM
>>> 30
Kit
>>>
>>> 27 stock spline count outers.
>>> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 1:01 PM
>>> 30
Kit
>>>
>>> Do they still have 27 spline outer shafts to fit my factory unit
bearings
>> or do I need to upgrade to a 30 spline hub conversion?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> James
>>> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:46 PM
>>> 30
Kit
>>>
>>> Well it has gone up 7% (supplier cost increase in the last 2 months).
>>>
>>> No to bearings add *pricing removed* for a pr of carrier bearings and races.
>>> Yes to axle seals.
>>> Yukon shafts w Spicer 760 ujoints.
>>>
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Robert Kobal
>>> 714) 875-2414
>>> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 12:47 PM
>>> To: [email protected]
>>> Subject: In response to your post on naxja.org about the Super 30
>>> Kit
>>>
>>> I was just wondering if you still had the deal on Super 30 E-Locker
>>> &
> 4340
>> axle combo - D30 kit for *pricing removed* shipped.
>>>
>>> Just a couple questions:
>>> Does it come new bearings and seals?
>>> What brand of shafts come in the kit?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> James Hyde

Last edited by a moderator:
You were clearly asked NOT to give your pricing out and you agreed. Now this has been saved and I am investigating legal actions against you. I could care less about your grief, but when you start doing things that you said you would not, I am forced to consider actions...

lock? I am seeing how long before this is removed. It has been reported. And FYI, I only mentioned FULL yukon kit when the sale was on. After the sale I knocked hundred off and told him it was only a full 4340 chromoly kit. And in the invoice it clearly states 4340 only, NO brand name like all the other items on teh invoice. For a 400-600$ discount I gave him a comparable part, with same warranty and same manufacture.

They won't lock it, they could care less if some guy talks trash about a vendor on here.Seen it tons of times.LOL.

But i have talked to people who are very happy to buy from this man and his warr is the best for NO BS. With that said i'll buy from Robert as soon as i got my money in hand.

^ You would think right?

Cliff notes:
Customer received manufacturer defective product.

Vendor gave customer two options:
1) Pay 25% restock fee for return of defective product (a fee charged for a customer error, not manufacture defect) or,
2) Purchase another brand name product for "double the cost".

A good reminder that if the deal looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Sorry about your situation but, thanks for the heads up Dr. Jeckel.

^ You would think right?

Cliff notes:
Customer received manufacturer defective product.

Vendor gave customer two options:
1) Pay 25% restock fee for return of defective product (a fee charged for a customer error, not manufacture defect) or,
2) Purchase another brand name product for "double the cost".

A good reminder that if the deal looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Sorry about your situation but, thanks for the heads up Dr. Jeckel.

Where's the defective part??????

And fyi. 3 yrs and not one broken shaft. Hundreds sold.

Deny, deny, deny, that's your defense? The OP provided a photo.

I'm an engineer and know piss poor machining when I see it.

Good luck with your business.

Last edited:
A photo of what?

The fourth or fifth pic shows the she Ujoint cap hole being not centered on the yoke ear. This could just be the angle of the pic, but if it is truely made that way, I would be bummed too...

Deny, deny, deny, that's your defense? The OP provided a photo.

I'm an engineer and know piss poor machining when I see it.

Good luck with your business.

Daym u revise ur postings every few min.

Go look at ur spicers. Then revise ur posting again.

just checked my spicers and they all looked good. In the fourth pic the centerline of the hole does not line up with the centerline of the yoke ear. They do line up on the 20+ year old spares I have. Guess ill just keep running those...

I bought the axle shafts while he had the promo going on for the 27 spl for $328 shipped for inners and outers. He made it clear to me that they were USA standard inners and yukon outers. Although i was told that the inners had a one year warranty, while the outers had a lifetime. This thread got me curious and i went and double checked mine, and they are also machined offset just as the ones posted. It appears that they are both offset the same direction as if the shaft was not centered when machined, not as if it were twisted when machined. this could potentially offset the shaft and when rotating since the shaft is offset on the ujoint its causing the shaft to wobble in the splines in the side gears, potentially causing binding. It looks like something that should be accepted as a manufacturer defect. if it were just twisted when maching it wouldnt cause any binding, just be weaker.

Way to logical for some.
what exactly is logical about that? the whole point to buying stronger parts is so that you DONT have to be making trail repairs, or possible being broke somewhere that you cant make a repair, not to mention collateral damage that could happen. the shaft warranty doesnt cover the ujoint that you would lose when those ears break, or any damage to the lockers or side gears.

I bought the axle shafts while he had the promo going on for the 27 spl for $328 shipped for inners and outers. He made it clear to me that they were USA standard inners and yukon outers. Although i was told that the inners had a one year warranty, while the outers had a lifetime. This thread got me curious and i went and double checked mine, and they are also machined offset just as the ones posted. It appears that they are both offset the same direction as if the shaft was not centered when machined, not as if it were twisted when machined. this could potentially offset the shaft and when rotating since the shaft is offset on the ujoint its causing the shaft to wobble in the splines in the side gears, potentially causing binding. It looks like something that should be accepted as a manufacturer defect. if it were just twisted when maching it wouldnt cause any binding, just be weaker.

If they are not symmetric then return em.
as for weaker, only if substantial enough. I don't think a 1/8 when symetrical would be

Last edited:
O.P. that axle picture wasn't really enough. If it were offset so that "more material" was left on the "drive forward" side of the yoke, then i may be a design feature to add strength. If it's thinner on the drive forward side, you have a point and I'd return them. You'd still be out your personal hours though.
If it's thinner on the

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back