• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not quite a build thread... yet.

MnGrnXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I am slowly gathering the parts for my 4.5" lift. As you can see in the picture I have almost everything. The leafs aren't in the pics because they are at the garage already. But here you can see the RC spacers, shocks, quick discos, lca drop brackets, rustys 4.5" springs, and rustys hd trac bar. I know, I know, its Rustys, but hey there is no TRE on this mamma jamma.

By thisisme19

This is what I am shooting for, 4.5" lift with 33" tires. I put the jeep on the lift and raised 4" using a measuring tape to get an approximate idea of what it would look like. It's gonna be sweet.

By thisisme19

So I am just waiting on my RE HnT to come in and the double cardan flange to go with it. Should be here within a few days. I have a date with my garage on 3/20 and 3/21. Gonna be a ton of work to do. :laugh2:

I do love putting new things on the jeep... I guess I'll have to go ahead and go red before the end of march

Last edited:
Looks like you're off to a good start.

Ok, so I got bored after work. So I pulled the jeep in the garage and put the new wheel spacers on.

Before

During

After

Looks cool. 40 lugnuts to torque took awhile, but it cured my boredom. Those spacers look awesome. Rough Country makes some good stuff.

Well, I busted my tail all weekend and got the lift on.

Before

The back all done.

All done.

Left to do- drop pitman arm (draglink is hitting sway bar link when turned to the right), new u joints on front axle, axle bearings, SYE, trim fenders, alignment, and put my hitch back on.

This was a ton of work, but it looks good.

Last edited:
Holy crap...can you make those pictures smaller? I think the size of those two images is going to crash the NAXJA server! :gee:

Looks good (now that I can see it!)! What size tires? You shouldn't have to install a drop pitman arm...are you sure you just don't need to align the arm properly?

They are 33x12.50. I don't know what you mean by aligning the arm properly. I know that when the Jeep was on the lift I could only turn the wheels part way to the right because the tie rod and drag link was raised up so much that it now hits the sway bar link. If I can fix this with out a pitman arm that would be great. But I thought that because of the lift, and the fact that the drag link is not parallel anymore, I would need a drop pitman arm.

You did a 4" lift right? I don't know anybody with a pitman arm drop on a 4" lifted XJ...maybe YJ's are different, don't know, never owned one. My current XJ is at 4" and doesn't have a drop PA....just sayin...

yjs and xjs are not the same jeep, if you look at your yj drop pitman arm and your xj stock pitman arm it will prob be the same exact arm. you shouldnt need a drop pitman arm on an xj unless you are 6" lift or bigger. it sounds like your alignment is way outta wack. get that fixed and you should be fine.

yjs and xjs are not the same jeep, if you look at your yj drop pitman arm and your xj stock pitman arm it will prob be the same exact arm. you shouldnt need a drop pitman arm on an xj unless you are 6" lift or bigger. it sounds like your alignment is way outta wack. get that fixed and you should be fine.

Thanks for the backup! I'm sitting here like...what the hell, where is everyone else at!?!?

At work Bruce!

Jeep looks good! Time to invest in a angle grinder :D. Have you measured the lift yet?

At work Bruce!

Jeep looks good! Time to invest in a angle grinder :D. Have you measured the lift yet?

I'm at work too! Slow day...calm before the storm.

I know I wasn't the only one surfing NAXJA while at work today! :looney:

Back