• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heres one way to sell a Power Wagon

ROBZ95Xj

NAXJA Forum User
Well I was passin by the local Chrysler Dealer ship today when i spotted this so i decided to take a few pics.
pw0014fc.jpg

pw0020ef.jpg

pw0031mg.jpg

They spelled Fahrvergnugen wrong on that little Audi. And for getting 38 MPG, i'd buy it for $19, even with the dent in the hood.

RyleyF said:
They spelled Fahrvergnugen wrong on that little Audi. And for getting 38 MPG, i'd buy it for $19, even with the dent in the hood.

Pretty sure it's a VW...

:D

Hey- I thought that you could not get one in anything BIGGER than a 1/2 model. That one is showing 8-lug wheels. Maybe Dodge finally realized that they would sell more P/Ws' if you could get something bigger than a 1/2 ton.
I might have to re-evaluate my opinion of the new Dodge afterall.

Actually its only sold in 2500 config, ie: 3/4 ton models. They didn't make it 1/2 ton cuz they wanted the bigger axles of the 3/4.

my local dealer here did the same thing last week. the PW is kinda cool, but Dodge is doing some MAJOR OVERKILL this year with all the "retro" trucks.
the wing is cool but the Daytona, and Rumble Bee names never belonged on a tow-rig.

wanna impress me? build a new SuperBird with the 3' wing on a CAR chassis!

but the reality is that cool retro names and stickers move this stuff off the lot. i looked at a 3/4 ton Daytona quad-cab thge other day. the "Hemi" was priced out at $43,000 !

let me think about that, no!

I work at a dodge dealership in Knoxville. I'm going to show my boss this tomorow, and see if he likes the idea. We have a couple of candidates for the "ramp car". I wish they would have put the cummins motor in it.

sidriptide said:
my local dealer here did the same thing last week. the PW is kinda cool, but Dodge is doing some MAJOR OVERKILL this year with all the "retro" trucks.
the wing is cool but the Daytona, and Rumble Bee names never belonged on a tow-rig.

wanna impress me? build a new SuperBird with the 3' wing on a CAR chassis!

but the reality is that cool retro names and stickers move this stuff off the lot. i looked at a 3/4 ton Daytona quad-cab thge other day. the "Hemi" was priced out at $43,000 !

let me think about that, no!

Its what avaliable to Dodge these days. From a marketing and legal standpoint. I understood is the feds have different regs as far as fuel economy and emissions for "cars" and "trucks." The suv's fall into the latter category so they can do the "Magnum" and not have it apply the same way as a "car" would as far as cafe and other standards.

Plus I don't know if more than 1 hemi powered car is maketable for dodge, they have the new charger but than again, the market for trucks isin't as concerned with fuel economy in the first place. So the went that route with the Rumble Bee (know someone who just wrecked his) etc. They aren't going to produce a whole line of similarly equipped cars, especially if gas doens't go down and quick. The market share for that will never be as was.

I'd like to see 4-6 cyl diesel as a more affordable common option for trucks... Everybody knows that what america really needs now is more V8 powered vehicles. Incidentally, I talked to a guy with a 72 F250, 390, camper, (overdrive) says he gets 19 hwy. Not a far cry from my xj so I feel like a sucker.

Oh and to 2manytoys, I think itd look good with an even beefier car, like a old POS Delta 98 like they crush at the stadium.

sidriptide said:
Daytona, and Rumble Bee names never belonged on a tow-rig.
Neither one of these are set up as tow rigs. They are cheaper versions of the SRT-10 which if I remember correctly only has a 500 Lb payload capacity.

If you want a tow rig you go with a diesel, not a gas motor anyway.

DrMoab said:
Neither one of these are set up as tow rigs. They are cheaper versions of the SRT-10 which if I remember correctly only has a 500 Lb payload capacity.

If you want a tow rig you go with a diesel, not a gas motor anyway.
They just updated the SRT-10 so that you can get it in 4 door guise and actually have a towing capacity. The regular cab still has no utility however. This came on as a result of the Silverado SS. It's not even truly a competitor to the SRT-10 (Its short about 150hp and alot of speed) but people were likin it cuz it could still work.

BlackSport96 said:
They just updated the SRT-10 so that you can get it in 4 door guise and actually have a towing capacity. The regular cab still has no utility however. This came on as a result of the Silverado SS. It's not even truly a competitor to the SRT-10 (Its short about 150hp and alot of speed) but people were likin it cuz it could still work.
The SRT-10 doesn't have a competitor (no the Lightning isn't even close :) )

When I bought my truck the dealer had a few of the SRT-10s with four doors. The only problem is the 4 doors only come with an auto tranny. If you are going to buy a truck like that....it NEEDs the manual.

Back