• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meeting location change

SeanP

NAXJA Forum User
Maybe it's time to think about a meeting location change after 2+ years at the Roundtable on Keifer. Of course this is motivated by personal interests ;)

I am wondering if maybe Citrus Heights or Orangevale might have more people living near it? I don't know who lives on the 50 corridor that regularly comes to the meetings. Maybe post up with your location and thoughts.

I live in Rocklin (80 corridor)
Crash lives in Foresthill (80)
Lee lives in Woodland
Stoney, OV right?
Bryan same
Billy Citrus Heights
Opie, Roseville
Byron, Antelope if think
JP, Citrus Heights, pretty sure.
Phil, Davis

Not sure on Bronco or others that come to the meetings.

Thoughts?

SeanP

There is a pizza place near Winding Way and Manzanita Ave. that has an out door room. We used it when I was in the Mudsuckers. :dunno:

Mark and Monica's Family Pizza
4751 Manzanita Av
487-1010

What about URF racing headquarters?

Crash's Bar, Grill, and Differential Shop.

I like your thinking though. Any place on 80 would be good, and what about a Friday meet up. I don't know about others, but I am crammed full of work during the week.

CRASH

One of these days I may even attend a meeting... wish it wasn't such a long drive at 5 hours - ONE WAY from Eureka! Oh well.....

I too vote for something closer to the bay area.

I don't know if there is a perfect place, obvisiously too much ground to cover. The only solution that I found so far is just have separate M&G's.

I had one a few months back here in Fresno and it went pretty well. We'll probably have another after the holidays, maybe Madera that way maybe some of the guys from the Modesto area can join in to.

I'm all over a Bay Area meet n greet. I think somewhere in Oakland would be perfect for us Bay Area guys. What do you think?

I plan on attending the Sac. are meet n greet at some point, but just not sure when I can get away.

Bryan

Oakland? Wouldn't Berkeley be a bit safer?

Well, maybe it's calmed a bit - I haven't been to Oaktown since serving papers in Hunter's Point...

As far as covering territory, perhaps a rotating Hail & Farewell? That would increase the chance of open meetings...

5-90

How about something more central? On the 80 of course, it seems a half-way point between the bay area and sac would make the most sense. Solano county? Maybe Vacaville or somewhere near by?

This does not have to be permanent but would give the northern and southern guys a chance to meet up.

5-90 said:
Oakland? Wouldn't Berkeley be a bit safer?

You can't handle Oakland? I play hockey in a warehouse near the Oakland airport. Maybe I have a skewed view on things aound town. Berkely is ok. I don't know where we would meet. How about Peoples Park? We can buy your drug of choice there and have a BBQ too. :D

I say we just find somewhere and make a point of showing up, even if it is just 3 or 4 guys. Maybe more will show up if we can make it a regular thing.

Bryan

Nah - just haven't been in a while. Have they managed to clean it up a little?

Closest I've been in a while is up in Alameda, at the sports arena at the decommissioned Naval station.

Just as long as it's not too nasty where we meet! I just don't know if I might run into anyone who might remember me up there...

5-90

I think Vallejo would be perfect, then pepole from all over could get there easily. Right off 80 and 37.

Did I mention I work in Vallejo :D

going east from the south bay after work just sucks (580 or 680). south bay, gilroy and any santa cruz guys are just going to have put on there own m&g.

Back