• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ Wheels to XJ?

barns12

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 ZJ Limited with 16" wheels. I want to swap them onto my 2000 XJ as I'm selling the ZJ and want to keep my new BFG's. Will the swap work both directions? Thanks for any help!

If you are asking if the bolt pattern is the same.... The answer is YES.

Would you know if the back spacing are the same and the clearance of the 15" XJ wheels to the ZJ rear calipers and rotors, as the ZJ wheels are 16"? Thanks again!

barns12 said:
Would you know if the back spacing are the same and the clearance of the 15" XJ wheels to the ZJ rear calipers and rotors, as the ZJ wheels are 16"? Thanks again!

I don't know the backspacing exactly but I would say probably around 5". I don't know if they would be the same bs or even the same width. However ZJ's came with both 15" and 16" rims from the factory so I would say that brake clearance shouldn't be a problem. Even if the backspacing would be different it shouldn't cause a problem either it would just cause the wheels to stick out a little farther or vice-versa.

Back