• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BigNuge’s 99 XJ

Well guys, I thought about it for a good while, and finally decided to move on. I threw the XJ up for sale online, sold it for asking within 12 hours (me thinks I should have asked for more).

Put a lot of time into it, and a fair amount of money. I enjoyed the build, and have had fun with it. After numerous rides in it wheeling with the kids I realized that I really needed something bigger. On top of that, I was never able to bet that damn wandering out of it. Took it to the local “Jeep experts” for help, literally got it back with the “we can’t find the problem”. I tried several things, I’d think I got it, then it would be back. I got pretty pissed about not being able to take it on my bird hunting trip this year, so that nudged me over the edge.

I have already got my next rig, and have started the build. I have gone back to Toyota, and am aiming for comfort/reliability/drivability.

I’ll still jump on here from time to time to check in.

Take it easy folks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to see you go, man. What's the new rig?

I got back into a Toyota. This time I went big (because I wanted big...lol), it’s a 2002 Sequoia Limited, 183xxx on the clock (just broken in for a Yota).

Already jumping right in, already working on cutting out all the cancer, cleaning up all the surface rust (just like I did on the XJ). Good thing is that the frame was replaced in 2013, so the frame is awesome!

Already have a 2.5” lift coming, going 33’s again, all new SS exhaust....not messing around, but you know that by now...lol

a70e959905a64ab370157165c03f6b44.jpg

44201fa5ce5c689d3c63d682b0503757.jpg

Hey Stranger :laugh2:

I just stumbled across this thread and said hey.... wait a minute...... haha.

It was nice to see the extra details of your build here VS what you posted over on GJ. I am very afraid of having a similar experience to you with the wandering steering. Fingers crossed! How does the new rig go down the road?

Hey Stranger :laugh2:

I just stumbled across this thread and said hey.... wait a minute...... haha.

It was nice to see the extra details of your build here VS what you posted over on GJ. I am very afraid of having a similar experience to you with the wandering steering. Fingers crossed! How does the new rig go down the road?

Hey! Yeah, posting all the details on numerous forums is way too time consuming, but this is the place for the most detail on the XJ build!

If I were to suggest anything it would be the hidden winch mount from Bad Dad Fab, and be sure to get the double sheer brace. Also, the box brace to stiffen up the frame where the steering box bolts up. That was what I was going to do before I just decided to move along and go back to Toyota.

The Sequoia drives awesome! I get it aligned on Tuesday, can’t wait to wheel it!

0423d4c8344499da98e615abb219ad9e.jpg

9fde7c24ea1eac68fc8eabe900d31cb8.jpg

Back