• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help with wheels

roxj

NAXJA Forum User
im going from 33's 12.50 15's to 315 75 16's. i was running an 8 in wheel with 4 in back spacing. should i do the same for the 315's, only in a 16 x 8 or should i go to a 16 x 10? what back spacing would you recomend?

my current set up consist of re drop brackets , jks adj uppers and lowers, 8 in sky jacker coils, a re hd track bar and bracket, and a skyjacker drop pitman arm, with re 4.5 leafs, 1in block and 1.75 shackle and rancho rsx shocks .

probably more info than you need but now you know what i have to work with.

tia

trey

The 315's are essentially 35x16x12.5 if I remember correctly (didn't do the math). So from your current tires you are simply adding 1" of tire diameter.

A 16x10 rim will cause the tires to stick out 2" further than they do now. Is this what you want? You will need a lot more trimming to make that fit than keeping them on an 8" rim. 4" of backspace should be fine - I would not do any more than that, and personally prefer 3.75", but that may be hard to find in the 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern.

So...if you like what you have now and just want bigger tires, stay with the same rim width/backspace. If you want those tires to stick way out, go with the 10" rim.

Why the LT tire, by the way, instead of a 35x12.5x15 keeping you same rims. No way an XJ needs that extra load rating, and the tires will be more expensive with much stiffer sidewalls. Just get a set of 35's and keep your rims....probably save you $500.

Nay

Back