• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Converting 2wd ax15 to 4wd ax15

gradon

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2wd ax15 for sale and a potential buyer wants to know what is involved in converting it to 4wd. Is it just the output shaft/tail section that needs to be swapped out? Anyone attempted this before?

I don't know what parts are bad on his 4wd ax15, but if he wants to do the work. . .

One of the guys in the SoCal forum just posted that he's looking for a 2wd AX15.

You might hook up with him, as converting that ax15 to 4wd will require having a 4wd ax15 as a donor..

cal said:
One of the guys in the SoCal forum just posted that he's looking for a 2wd AX15.

You might hook up with him, as converting that ax15 to 4wd will require having a 4wd ax15 as a donor..

Wouldn't be much of a "hook up" as it looks like this guy and his trans are in Maryland......:spin1:

silverslk said:
Wouldn't be much of a "hook up" as it looks like this guy and his trans are in Maryland......:spin1:

Freights not that expensive? I shipped a pair of dana 60's coast to coast for like $120. An ax15 couldnt be much more than $25 or so, whereas 2wd ax15's are somewhat uncommon to stumble over.

Back