• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ and garage door opener issue?

C_M

NAXJA Forum User
The garage door opener remote doesn't work if my 94 XJ is running. It works fine if the Jeep is off and the remote works fine with any other vehicle. I have tried it on 3 different garage doors with 3 different brands of openers and all have the same result. My current opener does not have a manual way to change the code so that is not an option. Does anybody have an idea of what may be causing this?

Thanks,
Craig

I had the same problem with my '98 for a while. I don't really know what caused it but it may have been from bad wires. I know I replaced them at one point and at some point the problem went away. Not sure if that's what fixed it though.

Sorry I cant help,
B-loose

Do you have FM radio interference, too?

Check the ground connection on the passenger side rear of the engine block.

Consider replacing the coil as well.

I chased this for almost 3 years. Turns out the coil was the culprit.

Ya know, the coil was something I had to replacing too. Seems maybe it was around the time the garage door opener problem dissapeared too. Mine had no noise in the stereo though.

B-loose

Back