• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a head (non-0331) in SD

01_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Instead of updating my other thread, i decided to just post a new one since I now have found out from the machine shop that my 0331 head is cracked. I've looked at the Odessa head, but Grimm had mentioned that I should check here first to see if anyone had one local for me to get. So I'm basically looking for either the earlier casting or the 03+ one. If anyone has one somewhat local to me, please shoot me a PM or post on here so we can set something up to get it.

Thanks

Ok, nevermind on needing the older style head. I just ordered one from Odessa through ebay. I called first and they said that it won't be able to get to UPS today so it's gotta wait until Monday. Their feedback is pretty good, with just a couple that complain of extremely long waits to get the head, so I hope I don't turn out to be one of those.

If you change your mind about the Odessa head I have an 0331 head out of an 06 Wrangler that is in the safe years (no cracking issues). I bought it for my 2000 and then decided to just swap the entire motor. It is in great shape. Still has 2 years and 50,000 miles on the warranty. You may want to have a machine shop resurface it to make sure of a good seat on the block. Shoot me a PM if your want more info and a price.

Back