• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sloppy Day at TSF: 9/18/10

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
This was kind of a last minute run between FiveNDime and myself. Joey had been wanting to get his Jeep back out and test out the goodies (this time with relocated brake lines, and IRO steering). Since I'm always up for a day of wheeling, we decided to hit up TSF. It proved to be a very fun day!

I met up with Joey in Vancouver, and we rolled out to TSF around 7:30ish. By 9:00 we were aired down, and ready to hit the trails. Firebreak 5 was first on the list.

IMG_0002.jpg

Although the weather was decent in the morning, all the rain the previous day completely saturated the soil. Traction was not easy to come by, and the TSF Peanut Butter was everywhere.

IMG_0005.jpg

Joey leaving his mark.
IMG_0014.jpg

Like trying to drive on Peanut Butter.
IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Pre-run for the Cruise-In RTI?
IMG_0027.jpg

We continued on up FB5, hiked into the Crushers for a bit, and then continued onto Saddle Up.
IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

I don't understand how he gets so dirty. :laugh:
IMG_0057.jpg

We stopped at Airplane Hill to scope it out. The rocks were a little wet, but the filter seemed doable. I had the itch to run it so Joey helped spot me through. Surprisingly it wasn't too eventful, a little grinding on some rims, and a few scrapes on the diff covers.
IMG_0062.jpg

Joey decided to he'd conquer APH another day, so he went around to the top, and I continued on up the trail. Being that I was by myself I took the bypass around the hill, but it sure was tempting. I think the rock sections would have been doable, but the top ledges would have been a throttle fest.
IMG_0068.jpg

Exiting the top filter.
IMG_0076.jpg

After I got through the top filter the rain just began to start. We headed up to 7up, parked under some trees and had lunch. Hogsback was next on the list.
IMG_0081.jpg

Heading down the Rocky Uphill bypass. It'll definitely flex you out.
IMG_0085.jpg

Eventually we came to Waterfall where I opted to go see how the conditions were. I tried the right corner for a bit, but with the rain and sloppy conditions it just wasn't going to happen. So then I tried the left ledge climb.
IMG_0098.jpg

After a bit of realigning, and some lucky throttle work I was able to make it up on the "shelf." Once I felt myself pop up, I thought I had it at that point, but it just wasn't meant to be (read: I still had to drive it home).
IMG_0104.jpg

Last obstacle of the day was Rocky Uphill. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal, but by that point the rain hadn't let up and the trail as nice and soupy. I'll admit I was really wishing I had a rev-limiter at that point. :D Nonetheless though, with some patience I eventually made it up.
IMG_0113.jpg

Joey was after me, and with both easy buttons on, and fresh KM2's he made short work of it. I have a video of his run I'll get up later.

We continued up Archers, and then decided to wind down on Powerline back to Rogers. We made great time, no major carnage, and the trails were a blast!

Last edited:
Yeah, my dad rode with me on this trip.

Some memorable quotes...

"Have you been up this before !?" (Saddle Up)
"Wait, we're actually going up that!?" (Waterfall)

Between FB5, Saddle Up, APH, Waterfall, and Rocky Uphill he got the grand tour.

Looks good, I was exploring logging roads in the upper Trask area on sunday and it was definitely sloppy out there.

Looks like fun! Thanks. I think this new trip report section was a good idea.

Crap, where the heck have I been :wave1: I will get some shots up here as well as my videos. Sucks to be working so much you cant get simple things done like trip reports or mowing your lawn. By the way, nice writeup. I had a blast and my mom, yeah I said my mom, had a blast too. She had never been up to Browns Camp or done anything like that before so she had a great time. Rode with me all the way and never walked an obstacle like my wife typically does lol.

Hey Torx, one of your marker lights is out.

Back