• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How ill-prepared are you?

Got frame stiffeners finally welded on this last weekend, need to finish up the new belly pan/crossmember, reinstall rock rails and and a few minor odds and ends and I'll be ready to roll.

Got frame stiffeners finally welded on this last weekend, need to finish up the new belly pan/crossmember, reinstall rock rails and and a few minor odds and ends and I'll be ready to roll.
let me know when you're going to roll so i can get the camera out.

Well..... Mine still looks like this....

153BB6B0-469E-4ABD-9B6D-7FDA4D9919E6-1573-000000A334521DCF.jpg

But I still plan on being ready!!

rear Dana 44 swap
front locker install
currie hd steering to be installed
rock rails to be built and installed

scratch the rock rails, got them on today. and the dana is gonna have to hold off for now, need a new set of 33x12.5x15s if anyone know anybody who has a good set laying around or can get a good deal let me know, but im a poboy so now 1000 sets lol

hopefully, the currie hd and locker, and new yukon shafts this week/weekend wrenching at garrets house on the heeps!

In following the usual tradition of listing work needed I'll start...

All I need to take the red Jeep is shocks and to fix the gaping exhaust leak I picked up on Swamp Lake. After that I'm ready go.

Maybe I'll even get it ready before the zero hour!

Shocks - Fixed
Exhaust Leak - Fixed and re-broken
Motor Mounts - Added to list

Leaky fuel filter
leaky fuel pump housing
leaky exhaust manifold
running hot
tires have seen better days.
Fuel filter.replaced
New catalytic converter, that helped with the running hot issue, but Hot Lips is still running to warm for my liking.

Tires, maybe I'll just swap the fronts to rears. No$$$ for new tires ATM.

My Mechanical To Do List
-install my HD Engineering Shackle relocation brackets
-Top off Front Diff Fluid
-extend rear bump stops
-check transfer case fluid
So far thats it

I need to drop the tank, cut out the stock shock cross member and weld in the rear stiffeners and the new cross members.
Get the front and rear shocks re-valved.
Wire up rock lights.
Hook up breather hoses all around.
Possibly rebuild leaf spring mounts...

Newbie here.

Needed:
-Need to hook up and wire fixed antenna for the CB (anyone have tuning gear they can bring to help me dial it in?)

Hoping:
-Better support my track bar (single sheer BDS mount is already a little sloppy)
-Truss the hp d30 (have the pieces, just need to fit and weld it in)
-Cut/clearance rear fenders (maybe, I'm down to three flares already from rubbing on 32s)
-Decide whether I add a leaf and bastard pack it, or just throw a 5/8" spacer back there that I already have.

I am SO ill-prepared. Don't have any front or rear tow points. So I'll probably be doing my own trail runs. :)

Newbie here.

Needed:
-Need to hook up and wire fixed antenna for the CB (anyone have tuning gear they can bring to help me dial it in?)

Hoping:
-Better support my track bar (single sheer BDS mount is already a little sloppy)
-Truss the hp d30 (have the pieces, just need to fit and weld it in)
-Cut/clearance rear fenders (maybe, I'm down to three flares already from rubbing on 32s)
-Decide whether I add a leaf and bastard pack it, or just throw a 5/8" spacer back there that I already have.

I believe SC Rednek is bringing his swr meter to SCF.

Back