• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear shock mount extension.....

dizzymac

NAXJA Forum User
OK ...somebody help me out.....I can't for the life me find this again....it was...for lack of better words...a rear shock absober mount extension. It went between the top of the shock and the shock mount, bolted to body at rear shock mount, the the shock bolted to it. It came in diff. sizes( 1"-2" etc.)
Anyone know what I'm talking about? Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm confused, how does running a shorter shock/restricting uptravel benefit you?

XJEEPER said:
I'm confused, how does running a shorter shock/restricting uptravel benefit you?

If you've lifted your Jeep but didn't buy longer shocks you get that they over extend downward (bottom out on extention) when going over speed humps and things. I ran into this problem when I initially fitted a 2" OME suspension system and then shortly after that added shackles and spacers. The OME shocks were still brand new so I didn't want to change to longer ones, so I made myself some spacers.

Looking at the pics on detourusa, their's actually looks even easier to make yourself. Here's the ones I made - actually still using the rear ones until my new rear axle goes in where the lower shock mount will be raised onto the axle.

IMG_5593.jpg

09122006005.jpg

07122006002.jpg

gorman said:
If you've lifted your Jeep but didn't buy longer shocks you get that they over extend downward (bottom out on extention) when going over speed humps and things. I ran into this problem when I initially fitted a 2" OME suspension system and then shortly after that added shackles and spacers. The OME shocks were still brand new so I didn't want to change to longer ones, so I made myself some spacers.

Looking at the pics on detourusa, their's actually looks even easier to make yourself. Here's the ones I made - actually still using the rear ones until my new rear axle goes in where the lower shock mount will be raised onto the axle.

IMG_5593.jpg

09122006005.jpg

07122006002.jpg

Very Nice, Would you consider making & selling a set that extends 2" ?

Back