• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i'm beginning to stroke it

pervert.

i got a credit card limit increase... so naturally i'm going to run it right back up :D

Here's the plan so far:

Accurate Pistons $600.00
Accurate rings 58.75
NAPA Crank (PRR25300) 210.00
Summit Sealed Power Gasket kit (SLP-2601424) 74.39
AutoZone Melling Oil Pump (M167HVS) 53.99
Summit Cloyes Timing set (CLO-9-3127) 106.69
Accurate Timing tensioner 9.00
Summit Crane cam & lifters (CRN-753901 & CRN-9927812) 178.87
Summit Crane valve springs (CRN-99833-12) 52.39
Summit Sealed Power freeze plugs (SLP-3818084) 16.69
Summit Mopar pushrods (DCC-4529675) 16.39
Accurate head bolts 56.65
Flowkooler water pump (BRA-1747) 102.39

sound good? any room for improvement? i've been doing my homework here and on the strokers yahoo list, and this seems like it's going to work pretty well with a .030" over block and mild head work.

thanks-
Chuck

The only thing I don't see is the fuel injectors - 24 lb for 87 - 90 and 26 lb for HO's.
And make sure to index the distributor - that seems to be the major problem with rebuilds - stock or stroker.

I'm also in the process of building a stroker except I'm taking the ultra-low buck approach to building a "square" bore/stroke 4.6L.
I already have Ford 24lb injectors, homebrew MAP adjuster, homebrew Powerstack FIPK, 62mm TB & TBS, ported head, Borla header with 2.25" S-pipe, Flowmaster 2.25" front muffler, Magnaflow 2.5" rear muffler, 2.5" Mike Leach tailpipe. Once the stroker is in, all I'll have to do is bump up the MAP voltage to get the fuelling right.
4.6L stroker (under construction)
- Websites -
Jeep 4.0 performance, 4.6L stroker build-up
- Tech Webpages -
CTS resistor trick, Dual electric fans, IAT sensor relocation, Intake manifold heatshield, MAP adjuster, Oil temp. gauge install
- Info Pages -
Automotive formulae, Jeep 4.0 cam specs, Jeep engine dyno graphs

cbremer said:
pervert.

i got a credit card limit increase... so naturally i'm going to run it right back up :D

Here's the plan so far:

Accurate Pistons $600.00
Accurate rings 58.75
NAPA Crank (PRR25300) 210.00
Summit Sealed Power Gasket kit (SLP-2601424) 74.39
AutoZone Melling Oil Pump (M167HVS) 53.99
Summit Cloyes Timing set (CLO-9-3127) 106.69
Accurate Timing tensioner 9.00
Summit Crane cam & lifters (CRN-753901 & CRN-9927812) 178.87
Summit Crane valve springs (CRN-99833-12) 52.39
Summit Sealed Power freeze plugs (SLP-3818084) 16.69
Summit Mopar pushrods (DCC-4529675) 16.39
Accurate head bolts 56.65
Flowkooler water pump (BRA-1747) 102.39

sound good? any room for improvement? i've been doing my homework here and on the strokers yahoo list, and this seems like it's going to work pretty well with a .030" over block and mild head work.

thanks-
Chuck

Some of your prices are high. You can get a crank kit with rod and main bearings from newautoparts.com or partsamerica.com for about $140.

I use rockauto.com for all my sealed power parts, much less expensive than Summit. Also, if you are interested in Mopar Performance parts, www.jeepconnection.com is a really good resource. The guy that runs it has part numbers right off the top of his head. I got my Mopar vlave sprngs retainers and keepers from him.

Also, depending on what you are doing with this motor, the Isky 133125/26 hybrid cam is a really good choice. They run $133 out the door.

CRASH

rsalemi said:
The only thing I don't see is the fuel injectors - 24 lb for 87 - 90 and 26 lb for HO's.
And make sure to index the distributor - that seems to be the major problem with rebuilds - stock or stroker.
thanks for the tip about indexing the distributor... is that the situation where it ends up 180* off and runs like crap?

i'm looking on ebay for Ford motorsport 24 lb/hr injectors, but have to get this bad boy reassembled first, so no rush :D I am going to use the Renix head & intake, with some home-brew porting, maybe polish the combustion chamber a little as well, being careful not to remove too much material.

Dino, i've spent many hours staring at your website and will continue to do so over the coming weeks, i'm sure ;)

Crash, thanks for the links to your suppliers, i'll check them out for some of the parts you mentioned, as well as the valvetrain parts I still need to order. i checked out the sites you mentioned for the crankshaft, but after shipping it ends up being close to $200, where NAPA had a flat shipping rate of $4.95 for the crank :D NAPA does have a $30 core charge :( (included in my price above). partsamerica (kragen 'round these parts) didn't even show that they have the 4.2L short snout crank kit in stock.

edit: forgot to mention, i'm re-using the stock 4.0L con rods.

Last edited:
cbremer said:
thanks for the tip about indexing the distributor... is that the situation where it ends up 180* off and runs like crap?

i'm looking on ebay for Ford motorsport 24 lb/hr injectors, but have to get this bad boy reassembled first, so no rush :D I am going to use the Renix head & intake, with some home-brew porting, maybe polish the combustion chamber a little as well, being careful not to remove too much material.

Dino, i've spent many hours staring at your website and will continue to do so over the coming weeks, i'm sure ;)

Crash, thanks for the links to your suppliers, i'll check them out for some of the parts you mentioned, as well as the valvetrain parts I still need to order. i checked out the sites you mentioned for the crankshaft, but after shipping it ends up being close to $200, where NAPA had a flat shipping rate of $4.95 for the crank :D NAPA does have a $30 core charge :( (included in my price above). partsamerica (kragen 'round these parts) didn't even show that they have the 4.2L short snout crank kit in stock.

edit: forgot to mention, i'm re-using the stock 4.0L con rods.

Scot at American Speed Center can get you custom forged Venolia pistons in your choice of dish and pin height, with a set of Eagle forged connecting rods for about $500. He used to be on this board as xjfanatic or some such thing. I think he is still on the yahoo stroker group.

I'm doing 28cc's of dish with a 1.370 pin height for a final compression of 9.14 to 1.

CRASH

CRASH said:
Scot at American Speed Center can get you custom forged Venolia pistons in your choice of dish and pin height, with a set of Eagle forged connecting rods for about $500. He used to be on this board as xjfanatic or some such thing. I think he is still on the yahoo stroker group.

It was xjjunkie, and he still hangs around here, the stroker board, and the JU forum every now and again.

Back