• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E- brake cables for disc brake swap

scottanchee

NAXJA Forum User
I have just finished puting in rear disc brakes in my 97 xj from a grand cherokee in my 8.25 . I need e-brake cables to fit , my prob is that in 97 the e-brake adjustment in on the drivers side frame rail instead of on the floor above the rear D.S. like it is on 95 and down XJ's .I thought of relocating the adjustment above the rear D.S. but I dont want to have to weld it on the bottom of the floor . So I am looking for cables to fit on the e-brake that has a 72 in long and 24 in long cables and here in N.S. canada we are not alowed to modify the cables so I need something that looks stock

KJ cable part no. 52128510AG

Get 2 of them. It'lll be a little long for one side, but it'll work.

and if ya still don't feel like that's enough holding power after thats installed i recommend installing a manual valve hydraulic line lock..

about $30 worth of parts from napa, to make
just a simple little 90 degree twist shut-off valve, cut a small 2" or so section out of the hardline that feeds the rear calipers, double flare the new ends from the cut-section, install new 90-elbows and route 2) new short lines into the cab (did mine just below the shifter-console) and attatch to the shut-off valve, bleed the lines and enjoy..

just press the brake pedal twist the lever and brakes are locked till you twist the lever back..

it also works to purposely disable the rear calipers for FUN,
(in 2wd) lock the valve before pressing the brake, cut the wheel deep, press the brakes(only the fronts will grab)- then hit the gas!! fun power-brake DONUTS, or easily make a tight tun on a trail..

scottanchee said:
Thanks , The 94-98 zj cables are 34 inches so I could use one of them and one of the ones you posted . How long is it ?

Yeah, that's what I used. One ZJ cable and one KJ cable. But djblade311 just did a rear disc swap and he used two of the KJ ones. Don't remember exactly how long it is. Bit it is plenty long enough.

Back