• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tips on searching the archives

gcam

NAXJA Forum User
I can't seem to find anything when I search... Actually, it is more like I find everything.

I'm trying to do a search on using ZJ steering components in an XJ. When I enter the search terms "ZJ" and "Tie rod" I get about 10 pages of stuff. Some of them are about how ZJ's suck, some are about using ZJ springs, some are about Chevy tie rods, etc.

How can I narrow a search?

I hate posting a question that has been asked and asked and asked before. I'm not doing anything cutting edge. I'm sure everything I want to know is in the archives somewhere.

Thanks,
Geoff

gcam said:
I can't seem to find anything when I search... Actually, it is more like I find everything.

I'm trying to do a search on using ZJ steering components in an XJ. When I enter the search terms "ZJ" and "Tie rod" I get about 10 pages of stuff. Some of them are about how ZJ's suck, some are about using ZJ springs, some are about Chevy tie rods, etc.

How can I narrow a search?

I hate posting a question that has been asked and asked and asked before. I'm not doing anything cutting edge. I'm sure everything I want to know is in the archives somewhere.

Thanks,
Geoff
Best way is to add more keywords.

kubtastic said:
search only in the title
that or also just mod tech

another question on seaching. i notice that many times words i try to use to narrow my seach arent included, either to long or to common. any way to get around this?

Back