• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please post up -Is anyone out there? Does anyone care?

SandySteve

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Members, lurkers and casual visitors, please let me know you still are interested in this club. Other than Derek, Chris (xjmax, 91to99) and our president Troy (moparcyco) there has been almost no activity on this site from the Intermountain West lately. Scott did make it to the target shoot at Wrathall Pass, but what about the rest of you? IS THIS STILL A CLUB?

At least, think about the June trail run up in Idaho which Troy needs to set up, but it will probably run from Preston over to Lava Hot Springs with an overnight stay a possibility.
Secretary-Treasurer
SandySteve

My problem has been the 90 minute drive south just to get to anything so as long as the June run isn't the same weekend as my local club's run, I'd be in.
Wife and I are considering this weekend's run as well but getting to Lehi by 9 with a 16mo who would be waking moments before we have to be in the XJ may prove to be difficult.

I have enjoyed checking in on the website even though I haven't had a XJ for about 4 years. Supposedly my old XJ is in ogden but I haven't seen it. I have been noticing that many of my forums that I visit are slowly dying. My only thought is that the new generation uses more facebook groups than they do forums. I will be sad if the club doesn't continue.

As for me, I always check in to see what is planned but unfortunately my work since I have expanded nationally has greatly reduced my ability to get out. I travel a lot so when I am home I am typically tired.
I agree with Seven, I believe to keep the club going you might want to entertain a IM Facebook group site as a second option. All my kids that are involved with some sort of group connect via Facebook. It's easy to post up pictures etc, thread sites seems to be a dying breed these days.
I still wear my NAXJA IM round sticker/patch on the side of my jeep proudly and always tell other XJ owners about the club and invite them to the site.

I agree with Seven, I believe to keep the club going you might want to entertain a IM Facebook group site as a second option. All my kids that are involved with some sort of group connect via Facebook. It's easy to post up pictures etc, thread sites seems to be a dying breed these days.

There is an Intermountain Facebook page/group.

IMO, there needs to be some sort of activity here as well as there. If it all goes to facebook, what is the use in having an intermountain NAXJA chapter if no one comes in and posts.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NAXJAIC/

That is the issue facing a lot of the chapters now. Facebook has it's place, but not as a substitute to the board. Facebook is not searchable, and unless you "friend" a group or the group friends everyone in the chapter, not everyone is being serviced appropriately and people are going to miss out on things.

Unfortunately, we have chapters leading discussions and doing chapter business on Facebook. By taking it off of the boards we run the risk of losing membership and perhaps facing the decision of closing chapters for lack of participation and "re-districting" membership.

That isn't a path that National wants to go down, but if chapter leadership and chapter membership isn't willing to conduct NAXJA business on NAXJA, the site as you know it will forever change.

Back