• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chapter desert run

jmaxj

NAXJA Forum User
When-March 17th-18th

Where-Utah's west desert

here's the tentative plan: we meet at 7:30am just past 5 mile pass at the pony express/ hwy 73 jct. we WILL depart there no later than 8am.

here's the meeting location: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.230529,-112.18503&hl=en&num=1&t=m&z=13

we will be following the pony express route from there to wendover, stopping at the historic pony express stations (well what's left of them) along the way. then from wendover we will be following the transcontinental RR back to corrin. we will be camping somewhere around Lucin which for those who don't know it's an old water stop for the trains.
here's some info for those curious. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucin,_Utah

This is more of an exploring historic run, and if the weather cooperates 4wd won't be needed either, but a high clearance vehicle is recommended.(meaning no cars, a stock rig will be fine.)

A CB IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.We have a lot of ground to cover and don't wanna lose anyone out there :)

What to bring: a vehicle in good mechanical condition and a small set of tools. a spare tire is a must, sharp rocks and old RR spikes are plentiful and love to make friends with tires. there are no fuel stop from faust to wendover or from wendover to corrin, so extra fuel is recommended. bring plenty of food,snacks, drinks or anything else you may need. there will be lunch stops so bringing something to make for lunch is no problem. be prepared for cold, it is the desert and can get pretty cold at night this time of yr, but hopefully the weather will be on our side. also if everyone could bring some firewood that would be great.

**we also have a few items we will be giving away during the run**

so come on out bring the family and see some of the history UT has to offer as well as have a nice run wandering the desert with some good friends.

keep an eye on this thread as it will be updated with more info as the time gets closer.

hope to see y'all there :wave:

Last edited:
seriously? where was this posted at? i've never seen any mention of it.

good thing they are doing it monthly so we can miss one :)

If things go how I want at work, I will be there with new motor or not :) sounds like a good time!

I should be there! but will be meeting in lucin! lol

yay! do you know your way or do you need assistance?

ALSO DON'T FORGET WE WILL BE GIVING AWAY A COUPLE ITEMS.

ummm... I have no idea... But I have 4wd and a flashlight.... It cant be to hard to find you, I am sure with you their, there will be something burning to guide me LOL

you should post up the cb channel you will be on lol

we'll be on channel 34 unless it's too busy then we'll be on 22

and yup something will be burning :D

Sounds good. I'll do my best lol

Back