• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Sand Dunes Run - Little Sahara 2/18

Jared

NAXJA Forum User
This is coming up quickly, so I figured somebody ought to start a thread and get the details ironed out. This is a 9 hour drive for me currently, so I'm only 50% decided on going. A large turnout would likely help push me to make it, though!

Off the top of my head, the following items should be addressed:

• Meeting time and place?
  • Carpools and caravan plans?
  • Group meal prep (i.e. bring a grill, burgers, sides, etc.)
  • Required equipment (flag, tow point, entrance fee, etc.).

Thanks!
Jared:patriot:

Way to be planning ahead, glad somebody is. :looney:

I am planning on being there. I would be down to do a BBQ / Group meal for dinner / etc.

Where is a good meeting place to Caravan down?

Where is a good meeting place to Caravan down?

Any freeway exit with a large gas station will do for me. I'm actively looking for an XJ right now, but if I don't find one quick I'll probably just take the JK and strip off the roof and doors to lose some weight.

i was thinking since not everyone travels the same way, to meet in elberta at the old gas station around 8 or sand mountain at 9am. i know i would much prefer to take redwood all the way to elberta instead of I-15.

as for dinner, hows a possible potluck sound? we can bring a grill and do the burger and dogs thing with sides.

thoughts?

i was thinking since not everyone travels the same way, to meet in elberta at the old gas station around 8 or sand mountain at 9am. i know i would much prefer to take redwood all the way to elberta instead of I-15.

as for dinner, hows a possible potluck sound? we can bring a grill and do the burger and dogs thing with sides.

thoughts?

Is Elberta that run down town where Redwood intersects Highway 6? If so, why don't we just meet at Eureka since the gas station is actually open and guys can top off or buy snacks.

Possible potluck sounds awesome. Hot burgers with 3-4 sides beats the heck out of PBJ and a Capri Sun!

yes it is, the gas station in eureka works too i just figured meet where the crossroads are but it don't matter to me.

potluck works for me too.......so who's bringing what?

I'm bringing plates, cutlery, and napkins. Maybe we should probably do BYO meat since that is the expensive part?

Been almost a year since I made a NAXJA IC run.....and so I'm not going to break the pattern. Mason has a Boy Scout activity on the 17th-18th, so I'm out.

I was really hoping to get some GoPro footage of Cory jumping Derek's rig, monster truck style.........

I do plan on heading down to the dunes later in Feb though......

I'm gonna have to keep it closer to home until I get my trailer fixed. Probably wont make this one.

it looks like i'm gonna be out, my daughter's birthday party is saturday.

so whos' all going to this?

Adding an 18 hour trip to the three 14 hour trips already in place this month isn't looking feasible. Moving sucks! Unless I stumble across a few hundred bucks under the couch cushions, I think I'm out for this one.... again. :(

I plan on going. Since it does not look definite on food and stuff, I'll throw a bunch of sandwich material in, along with the tools and fluids (but in a separate container) and see how it goes. I've never been there.

Back