• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Open invite to come wheeling in MT

MT Mike

NAXJA Forum User
Every year the m4x4a (Montana 4x4 association) holds Divide Ride. This year's ride will be held in Whitehall MT. The dates have been chosen, and trail descriptions will be released in the near future. A wide variety of trails are typically offered, giving every skill/vehicle level an opportunity. I will update this thread as more info is put out there.

The 14th annual Montana Divide Ride will be JULY 24TH through JULY 29TH. on-site registration and check in will begin on the 24th with trail rides scheduled on the 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th and breakfast on the 29th.
For those of you that use facebook, here is a link:
https://www.facebook.com/montanadivideride

and a link to the Divide Ride website, which is still showing last year's info:
http://montanadivideride.com/

Here is a link to Divide Ride when it was held in Whitehall in 2007:
http://www.m4x4a.org/divideride/2007/index.html

Word is that several challenging trails that have been closed due to being mostly on private property are going to be offered up for this event only.

I'd love to see some more NAXJA peeps at this event, so get the dates marked on your calenders now!

Hope to see you there.

Mike

Thanks for the invite, Mike. I caught a glimpse of the Whitehall area on our quads this summer (Pipestone area) and it is beautiful. FYI - July 24th is a UT state holiday (Pioneer Day), so some folks may have it off work. But, many people have family traditions that weekend as well.

We are moving from Bozeman to Ogden, UT at the end of the month, but may have to cruise back north for this event.

Jared:patriot:

Good luck with the move Jared. Too bad we couldn't have gotten together for a beer or some wheeling. Hope to see you at Divide Ride.

:cheers:

i wanted to do that for the last couple yrs but things haven't worked out, have to see what this yr brings....calendar marked .

Hey Mike do they allow folks to attend for a portion of the week or is the event only open to people paying for an entire week. I am in the process of finalizing plans to go fishing in Alaska so my ability to take off an entire week might be tough. I may have to crash the party so we can at least have a beer.

Hey Mike do they allow folks to attend for a portion of the week or is the event only open to people paying for an entire week. I am in the process of finalizing plans to go fishing in Alaska so my ability to take off an entire week might be tough. I may have to crash the party so we can at least have a beer.

In the past they have given discounted rates for partial attendance. I don't see why it would be any difference now. I'll find out and get back to you Larry.

4x4 Routes of Western Montana
Over forty routes and numerous side trips are described with turn-by-turn directions, mileage and GPS coordinates that will guide you along the most interesting primitive motorized routes of western Montana while providing histories of early settlements and insights into the geology of the areas traveled.
If you like to explore old mining areas, poke around old buildings, enjoy magnificent views, and visit high elevation mountain lakes, this is the book for you. Join us as we travel on a variety of roads from easy enjoyable outings to roads that will challenge both your driving skills and your vehicle’s capabilities.
If you’re only interested in hard core roads, then we are sorry but you will not find any class 5 routes in this book and only a few class 4s. Why? Because after seriously exploring Western Montana over the last 20+ years we have not been able to find any. If we should come across any, we will be sure to include them in a future edition. However, we have been able to compile in these pages travel information that can be found nowhere else in one publication along with some very interesting roads and historical locations.
All the Routes shown are legal roads at the time of printing, and we have driven them multiple times. We have tried to be as accurate as possible in our mileage figures, GPS readings and area history in the route descriptions. From the Missoula area all but one of the routes can be completed in one day’s drive, although sometimes a very long day. And even that one longest route has been done in one REALLY long day.
We hope you enjoy reading and using this book as much as we enjoyed exploring western Montana for the best routes to share with you.
Willie and Jeanne Worthy
Back Roads Publications, Missoula, MT 59808
[email protected] 406-726-4126
Some of the trails for Divide Ride 2012 are covered in this book, along with a great write up on the Magruder Trail. Cost is $25.50 (includes shipping). Simply send an email to Willie and he'll get you set up.

**Note to mods: I have nothing to gain financially from this posting. Simply sharing a great (and long overdue) resource for those looking to wheel in western Montana.

Back