• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Denver based 1 or 2 day trip - Easy to Moderate

gearwhine

NAXJA Forum User
Who's up for a Denver, CO based trip for an easy to moderate trail mid to late November? I can take a day off work to do a weekday, or we can plan weekend camping with trails both days. I'm thinking something like Pickle Gulch (Black Hawk, CO) or Middle St. Vrain to Coney Creek (Ward, CO). This is all dependent on the ongoing forest fires, of course. Open to other trails as well...learning my way around.

I will be locked F/R on 31" BFG ATs, full recovery (potential winch, but not sure if I'll get that wired up by then), and skidded all around. This will be my first trip with the new XJ (extensive experience 10+ years ago, but my first trip since then), so it'll be a bit of a shakedown for me.

All I ask is that whoever I go with is respectful to the trail systems and surrounding environment. -Nick

Hell yeah, let's get it going. There are a few people interested off CherokeeForum as well. I'm really just working on making connections again.

We're going to have to gauge builds and choose a trail from there.

Put me down as vaguely possible, it's all just jeep and circumstances. I'm built for anything, but prefer lazy stuff. :)

Keep us posted on what's going on, I'm for sure interested on an easy-ish trip before the season's out.

27th to the 30th time frame for me, prob. one of the last weekends to go before it gets un-getable too. What trail? Halfmoon gulch is still open and has a ton of camping... Little bit of a drive

Hey guys...sorry for the delay. Right now it's happening at Slaughterhouse Gulch for next Saturday (11/21 @ 10am) in the rain/potential snow. With the weather forecasted (and my time away from offroading), I'd personally like to keep it on the easier side of things.

I'm still open to suggestions, but that's the plan at this time! Not sure how many are in yet.

Let me know who else is in, and I'll get a PM group going.

-Nick

Back