• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper Bolts and Nuts

flash2pablo

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I just bought a new bumper for my 96 2 Door Cherokee, it is basically the exact same stock bumper, but attached to it are the tow hook tie in brackets and a pre-runner light bar. THe problem is that i did not get the bolts and nuts with the bumper.

I have a question about what size Bolts and nuts i am gonna need to put my new bumper on?
Basically just length, width and strength of the bolts i need. I think i need a total of 8 bolts and 8 nuts.

If anyone knows this info it would be a great help.

Thanks for the info.

PBen

I think the stock bolts are M10 1.5 x 20 or 30 mm long. Grade 8 will work, though it doesn't really matter much with a stock bumper. Don't know if you've looked at the mounting much, but some of those speed nuts are a little hard to replace with standard nuts.

Should the bolts for my stock bumper without the tow hook brackets still work or will i need to buy the longer ones?

PBen

PBen... Can you post pictures after you get it installed ? I want to add a pre runner style light bar to the factory bumper and am looking for ideas. Thanks.

Back