• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To-Do list

Must do:
Replace all my bent leaf springs. DONE
Adjust my pinion angle. DONE ENOUGH
Replace d44 yoke. DONE
T-case output seal. DON'T CARE ENOUGH TO DO THIS
Install rear drive shaft. DONE
Frame side shackle bushings. DONE

HOPEFULLY FIXED MY LOCKER THAT WAS RANDOMLY UNLOCKING. YES I AM YELLING THIS.

Wish list:
Repair rotted frame sections. LOST CAUSE
Fix pitman arm hitting tiered. NOPE
Idk I'm sure there's other stuff. THERE WAS!!

Thanks, Rich, I appreciate it.

Gas tank skid is finally done - was able to get that little plate out of the rail yesterday, getting the skid into place and zipped down with the impact gun was easy by comparison.

Battery is replaced too - had it tested (just for record, you understand), and when the guy programmed the CCA number of it into the tester, the thing apparently laughed at him.

She's basically ready to rock and roll now, but I am going to tweak the hinges tomorrow or Tuesday (see now where it's not tight enough against the seal), so when I swap in the other seal it should be nice and tight.

Stefan, how bad is your tcase output seal leak? When I tried to do mine back at RocktoberFest in 19, it would have been a 20-minute job if I hadn't pulled a bonehead and broken my tailshaft extension housing. Heck, the seal I bought that weekend is still in my storage tote in the cargo area (I used the one in the housing I bought to save time, but it leaked and I ended up having it done by a professional when I got home); if memory serves, your YJ is within a year of my 92, so if you find yourself needing one once you get to the Fest....

Fyi I talked to Lynne today and we are good to go for Thursday morning, someone will have the park open for us. So, I just need to nail down more raffle stuff from Qtec, and pick up the shirts, which should be done Tuesday at latest. So we are a go for launch!
I'm bringing up a load of firewood in a utility trailer, so we should be pretty solid there too.
Stuffs coming together, weather looks good, we've got the food locked in for Saturday, so all looks well from where I'm standing.
This one won't be the biggest, but I'm betting it's going to be quite good. If I forget to say this later, everyone have a safe trip up, and prepare for a little fun!
Rich

Thank.

Now i Can you bring one along to Tf the weldhere's a section on the one I have now at the top of the door that seems to have deformed differently than the rest, and that may not be a good sign for the overall health of the seal; even if I can tighten things up by adjusting, it might be smarter in the long run to just swap it out anyway (which only takes about 5 minutes).s holding that stupid little plate in the passenger frame rail would just cooperate and let go tomorrow so I can finish the skid install and get the bumper back on, I'd be very happy guy...

Rob, this is so unlike you. Odd diction, imprecise wording....????
Are you secretly hitting the box wine? It's that or you need to fire your ghost writer. :flame:

Going to pack the tools and everything up tonite. That way all I need to do is reconnect the battery and drive. See everyone on Thursday afternoon

Rob, this is so unlike you. Odd diction, imprecise wording....????
Are you secretly hitting the box wine? It's that or you need to fire your ghost writer. :flame:

No, posted that one from work, and they have a new security package that isolates web pages. Darn thing garbled what I type, usually i catch right away and edit to fix, but this one got past me.

No, posted that one from work, and they have a new security package that isolates web pages. Darn thing garbled what I type, usually i catch right away and edit to fix, but this one got past me.

Loved it. I was actually rooting for the box wine theory, but ill take it.

Ok,who stopped in Woodstock,Va for lunch at Taco Bell,today,6/17.Pulling XJ w/ a Dark Grey JT. I would have stopped to talk ,but my ice-cream would have melted.

Back