• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important Chapter Business

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
North Atlantic Chapter Members:

Unfortunately, John B has found his interest in XJs waning and he decided to focus his energies on short wheelbase Jeeps from now forward. As a result, he will not be continuing as Treasurer for the chapter.

The by-laws provide that we hold an immediate election to fill the vacant office, so this post is to begin that process. I think the first step should be to ask if anyone is interested in running for the office (or, at least, willing to be bludgeoned and cadjeoled into running). The office is open to anyone who resides in the geographic area covered by the chapter and who is a current member in good standing of NAXJA at the national level.

As a practical matter, the chapter only recently opened a new, totally free checking account with a bank centered in and around Philadelphia. Frequent physical access to the bank is probably not necessary, and it is possible to move the account to another bank in another city if that's where the new treasurer is located, but for practicality it seems that some fuss and bother would be avoided if the new Treasurer were from or near the current bank's area of operations.

This is NOT yet a call for nominations. This is a call for expressions of interest. Anyone interested in being nominated, please post your interest and some background on your level of interest, involvement, and qualifications. (Don't all speak up at once ;) )

Would like to know more about what is involved in the job, I live in the Philly area. I run my own insurance business and have been around and building XJ's for over 8 years now. I'm a good standing member of NAXJA. Thanks Juice

I'm interested in filling this position. I've been an active member (#155) since Sept. '00 and have tried my best to attend and/or assist in organizing events on both the chapter and national levels, in addition to recruiting several members. I don't plan on leaving the XJ/MJ arena anytime soon, judging by my current Jeep stable. I live in the Philadelphia metropolitan area and have Commerce Bank branches convenient to both my home and work. I am honest, trustworthy and meticulous, all qualities that make for a good treasurer. If elected, I intend to make treasury reports available to North Atlantic Chapter members on a regular basis, either monthly or quarterly. I look forward to serving this group to the best of my ability, thanks for your support.

btt

Do people have to be nominated for the position?
If so I would like to nominate Lawn Chair for the position.
I feel that he would be a good candidate.

But does this mean he gets off kitchen patrol?

Back