• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Fest 2020

I feel this is akin to unintended biological warfare.

So does the military. But they're keeping that in a very tight wraps. That's according to a very reliable source. They are weighing responses.

Went to Cougar Buttes last weekend, tons of people. Maybe change of venue?

Um... "tons of people". Nope.

We won't be doing an official NAXJA event this Spring at all, unfortunately.

Anyone who wants to try to plan something with a few friends, go for it, it's all you!

Um... "tons of people". Nope.

We won't be doing an official NAXJA event this Spring at all, unfortunately.

Anyone who wants to try to plan something with a few friends, go for it, it's all you!

Well it definitely wasn't like BBear during the fest. Just a lot of RVs, bikes and jeeps. But not mobs. But 10-4.

Funny how our definition of "lots of people" has changed... :wierd:

Cougar Buttes may be a good venue for folks to be able to satisfy their dirt & wheeling cravings without running up against area closures and too many people too close by.

Per victor valley news paper up in the High Desert claims San Bernardino county is planning to open up all lakes, recreation Areas, rivers and county parks this weekend..

Per victor valley news paper up in the High Desert claims San Bernardino county is planning to open up all lakes, recreation Areas, rivers and county parks this weekend..

Checking the website, it looks like they are just opening up parks and fishing, with no camping allowed. I'll give them a call on Monday and see if they plan on opening up the campground by SCF or if we are going to have to push till later in the year.

http://parks.sbcounty.gov/parks/covid-19-park-rules/

I called SB County Parks early last week and was told all campsite reservation payments had been refunded through the Mothers’ Day weekend, but beyond that was still in flux.

As of right now, the SBCP campsite reservation page is still showing the campground closed for the SCF weekend.

It's really too late in the game to try to pull off SCF for mid-May, I think. Between acquiring schwag for raffle, getting shirts made, and the fact that we don't know what will happen when they DO start allowing gatherings, there are just too many "ifs".

Also, since I am regularly around three different "high risk" folks, I'd say as much as I adore my Jeep peeps and these events, I'm not going to attend ANY sizeable group gatherings until sometime this summer. So even if SCF did somehow go on as originally scheduled, it'll have to be without my participation.

I called SB County Parks early last week and was told all campsite reservation payments had been refunded through the Mothers’ Day weekend, but beyond that was still in flux.

As of right now, the SBCP campsite reservation page is still showing the campground closed for the SCF weekend.

This is what I was told today. I feel that we need to reschedule for later in the year just looking at what date will work best. I'm thinking first weekend of November

Back