• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a QUALITY down pipe

LJRockstar

NAXJA Forum User
Is there anyone who makes a quality down pipe for 4.0 XJ's? Preferably stainless? All I've been able to find is Walker, Crown, and Omix aluminized steel stuff. All of them look kinda crummy. There has to be someone making nice mandrel bent stuff. I have a flow master cat back setup and its beautiful, but they don't offer the head pipe.

Bought a walker the other day, but after it was in the jeep I found that the O2 bung looked like they beat it with a hammer to make it stick to the pipe. Sensor wouldn't even begin to thread in. junk. I found a few nice ones for YJ, but nothing so far for XJ. :smsoap::smsoap::smsoap:

This is the final piece to getting the XJ on the road and its driving me crazy!

Go to an exhaust shop and have one made. Got one made for my dad's xj and it came out great for $80. Was a thicker wall aluminized pipe.

Mine is a 96. @anthrax323

All we have around here that I've found is Mineke, Midas and the like. None of them Have the nice mandrel benders. Their bends look like a bendy straw. @moparmansfield

I found a friend who has the proper tap. I think I'm gonna fix the threads and run it for now. Theres a really great exhaust shop back in NJ where I grew up. They've done a few Jeeps for me with excellent results. Mufflex is the name. in Hamilton NJ. Probably have them do it up next time I'm home for a visit.

I think finding an exhaust shop with a mandrel bender is going to be difficult. It's more like specialty manufacturing equipment. But if you can weld, or know someone who can, you can buy mandrel bends and make up your own. I'm working on one right now.

Jason

Can you weld? I just bought some mandrel bends from summit and added an flex section and the appropriate adapter for the header and made my own.

I'm not much of a welder, but I can make things stick together pretty well. Biggest issue have is lack of shop space. I don't have the time in a proper shop to cut, tac, contemplate, re cut, re tack, you get the idea.... What ever I do I pretty much need to be in and out ASAP. It sucks. Gonna be buying a house in the next year or so so that problem will be gone. haha But ill probably have no time to mess with the jeep because I bought a house.... It's an endless circle...

Back