• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Original HD Chassis Stiffners > $135 shipped

Rock Yacht

NAXJA Member #1242
NAXJA Member
New price for the original 7g (3/16" Steel) Chassis Stiffner, not a undersized imitation.

$135.00 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Always in stock! No group buys or preorders needed to fund the next batch. Our HD Chassis Stiffners are IN STOCK!

All Chassis Stiffners ship in 3 business days or less.

Don't settle for an immitation, get the original!

how come i cant find them on the site. i only found the unibody stiffeners for $99?

No need for rosettes, swiss cheesing the stiffners to rosette them on will create to much heat transfer into the sheet metal uni-body causing stress fractures over time. Buyer beware...

Our stiffners have been on our XJ(s) from the start of our business over 4 years ago, they are one of the first products we saw a dire need for and made right away. Our Jeeps are wheeled hard in CO (including Montrose) and Utah (including Moab). We drive it everyday and to the trail. The entire Jeep is inspected on a regular basis and to date the stiffners with just a perimeter stitch weld have and are holding up just fine. We even have our Rock Rail mounting feet welded to them which adds to the load they see.

Don't buy into the hype, rosettes are over rated in this application.

Bob

No need for rosettes, swiss cheesing the stiffners to rosette them on will create to much heat transfer into the sheet metal uni-body causing stress fractures over time. Buyer beware...

Our stiffners have been on our XJ(s) from the start of our business over 4 years ago, they are one of the first products we saw a dire need for and made right away. Our Jeeps are wheeled hard in CO (including Montrose) and Utah (including Moab). We drive it everyday and to the trail. The entire Jeep is inspected on a regular basis and to date the stiffners with just a perimeter stitch weld have and are holding up just fine. We even have our Rock Rail mounting feet welded to them which adds to the load they see.

Don't buy into the hype, rosettes are over rated in this application.

Bob

My XJ with an angle iron setup is just bolted on...and has been that way since the rig was built in 2003. By not welding it, the idea is to have some 'give' and to prevent stress cracks from being 'too' stiff...and to keep from producing cracks from heat as Bob describes. Mine's been through all the same stuff Bob's has, I'm sure, and it has held up just fine. It's getting the wire brush treatment this Winter and being repainted. ;)

bs, if you weld it right, without overheating the metal, rosettes work fine, and are common practice in frame reinforcement.
That being said, you fellas make some fine products and I'd run them on my rig in a heartbeat, but unless you have an example of failure I'm sceptical of this particular statement...

Last edited:
bs, if you weld it right, without overheating the metal, rosettes work fine, and are common practice in frame reinforcement.
That being said, you fellas make some fine products and I'd run them on my rig in a heartbeat, but unless you have an example of failure I'm sceptical of this particular statement...

Agreed, sure you can do damage if you just shoot down the line and hit every hole at once. But if you take your time, and do it right, there isn't any more heat transfer than when you are doing the perimeter stitches. And I have also never seen a failure from that kind of additional reinforcement when done correctly.

I am not disagreeing with you and if done correctly by some one that actually knows what he/she is doing you won't hurt it - it being the sheetmetal uni-body. However, there-in lies the root of the problem.

DISCLAIMER: Not trying to ruffle anyones feathers...

Most consumers don't have the equipment or (if they do) the ability to use it correctly. Just because you bought a welder, doesn't make you a welder.

We try to make our installs as simple as possible without having the consumer be a full on fabricator. That's our job, haha.

Bottom line if rosette holes were needed they'd be in the part...

Bob

I am not disagreeing with you and if done correctly by some one that actually knows what he/she is doing you won't hurt it - it being the sheetmetal uni-body. However, there-in lies the root of the problem.

DISCLAIMER: Not trying to ruffle anyones feathers...

Most consumers don't have the equipment or (if they do) the ability to use it correctly. Just because you bought a welder, doesn't make you a welder.

We try to make our installs as simple as possible without having the consumer be a full on fabricator. That's our job, haha.

Bottom line if rosette holes were needed they'd be in the part...

Bob

So, in your opinion, when done incorrectly, stitch welding is less likely to cause a problem than rosettes? Or are you saying stitch welding is easier to do, or to convey in the instructions?

Billy

PS - I don't even remember if your instructions include stitch welding... I'm just curious.

Can this be moved to a thread in tech or off topic? This doesnt particularly belong in the vendor area.

-Cal

IMO, any welding done incorrectly is a nightmare waiting to happen...

Stitching the perimeter is easier to do, less time consuming and less invasive on the uni-body. The factory used zinc coating on the under side for a reason... The more you weld on it the more the coating has to be removed to properly weld, not to mention boiling it off the back side...

---------------------------
Cal,

Sorry this has turned into more tech than advertisement. People have questions, so I am answerring them.

Can this be moved to a thread in tech or off topic? This doesnt particularly belong in the vendor area.

-Cal

Aren't you a mod here?
fawk.gif

I'd say, just move all the replies to a new thread in Mod Tech :dunno:

Oh, and *cough* http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=967594 *cough* :D

Billy

-Cal

I disagree. This is a direct forum where the Consumers can to talk to the Vendors about their products. I think it is a great opportunity for the Vendors to expand on the description of their products by interacting with the Consumer, and addressing any questions or concerns they might have. Which Bob has done a good job of here.

well, would it be possible for the consumer to request holes to be drilled for rosette welding prior to the product being shipped? maybe have it as an option, and you can state that if desired, the holes can be pre drilled, but that you take no responsibility for sub-par welding, you recommend the welding is done by a certified welder, something to that effect?

and you can state that if desired, the holes can be pre drilled, but that you take no responsibility for sub-par welding...

I don't know about you, but I NEVER take responsibility for sub par welding... even if I welded it! :doh:

haha well please excuse my wording...i think you know what i mean though? idk, just seemed like a potential option to make both parties happy

Do you have a picture of them?

Back