• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally took some pictures...

ChairOhKey

NAXJA Forum User
It's been a few weeks since I've had it installed but here she is.

I have the Rocklizard 2.5" full spring kit with Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks and JKS bar-pin eliminators. 15x7 Cragar soft 8s with 4.0 backspacing and 30x9.5 Firestone Destination M/Ts.

I can get bigger pictures upon request.
dcp0010ns4.jpg

dcp0016lm9.jpg

dcp0007nt3.jpg

dcp0011hd4.jpg

30x9.5s on 15x7 rim with 4.0 backspacing

I rub on the inner part of the front bumper end-cap on the driver's side when turning right (almost full-turn) down or up an angle (like a driveway). Any easy fix?

Yup, it rides great and I'd suggest it to anyone. I do have one question though.

dcp0017te8.jpg

This spring looks a little off. It's the driver's side spring. I was wondering if this is normal because the passenger side looks fine.

dcp0018xy0.jpg

Passenger spring

ChairOhKey said:
This spring looks a little off. It's the driver's side spring. I was wondering if this is normal because the passenger side looks fine.
Is it seated properly in the coil bucket? Try taking all the weight off the coil (you may need to unbolt the UCA(s) to get it to fully unseat) and rotating the coil.

Mambeu said:
Is it seated properly in the coil bucket? Try taking all the weight off the coil (you may need to unbolt the UCA(s) to get it to fully unseat) and rotating the coil.
I put it up on jackstands today and it's resting all the way against the side where it should be in the bucket. Clips are on both springs and when next to my stock springs, everything looks normal. Still, it's kinda strange.

Its because you have stacked pucs in , at least it looks that way . If that is what you have take them out and buy one big one or new springs . Oh and before I forget tell the search police and pic police to go wheel their computer chairs , good luck.

exjay33 said:
Oh and before I forget tell the search police and pic police to go wheel their computer chairs , good luck.

Thread originator gets a pass for actually having a technical question...

You have no excuse...

You forgot the "Pay up and become a member or STFU Police"...

It's not good karma to bitch when a guest in someone else's house.

Having PMS is not an excuse.

See quoted sig in red for reference-

Last edited:
In answer to your rubbing question, grab a utility knife and some gloves, and trim the rubber bumper end untill it doesn't rub.

And the Jeep looks good! I like that color of blue.

How does it ride compared to stock?

Firm like a buckboard or an F-two-fitty, Or does it still feel nice and flexy on the road?

Do the rear springs keep the wheels solidly planted on the road during turns into and out of parking lots and other areas where my sorry old springs let the back wheels hop?

I'm thinking of going with an OME 2" heavy duty set-up, but these are marketed as a good, less expensive alternative, and I love to save money.

From the looks of the pictures, I'd say your passenger spring probably needs to be turned 180*.
Mambeu is probably correct about it not being seated in the spring bucket.

Oh, and exjay33 does need to pony up before telling others to STFU.
Up with that sh*t, I will not put.....

Is the axle centered? At 3" mine was off enough to affect the swaybar discos. Measure it, and redril the trackbar bracket on the axle.

Fish'nCarz said:
How does it ride compared to stock?

Firm like a buckboard or an F-two-fitty, Or does it still feel nice and flexy on the road?

Do the rear springs keep the wheels solidly planted on the road during turns into and out of parking lots and other areas where my sorry old springs let the back wheels hop?

I'm thinking of going with an OME 2" heavy duty set-up, but these are marketed as a good, less expensive alternative, and I love to save money.
It does ride better than it used to. It takes bumps really well. I like it. My dash doesn't rattle nowhere near as bad when going down the interstate as well. I have no problem with my wheels hopping at all. :)

Well, when I took a look at both springs today they were all the way over against the raised part of the bucket and they couldn't be turned any further than they already are. So I dunno.

My front axle looks to be shifted over to the driver's side about an inch so that probably explains why I rub on the driver's side at certain times and never on the passenger side.

2 things on the rubbing...
1. did you center the front axle? that will cause rubbing.....more on pass side than the other. I dont know if it shifts alot with 2.5" lift.

2. 4.0 backspace seems alittle high for 9.5" wide tires..... I would think the stock backspace would be better. I run 31x10.5 on stock steelies, 4" lift, LCA's, with very little rubbing. If you think about where that backspacing puts the edge of that tire through the path it travels when turning you'll see why.

otherwise you can trim the plastic end caps with a utility knife as stated, or a dremel.... just cut alittle at a time and test the clearance each time.... alittle plastic rubbing wont hurt anything anyways.

Front axle isn't centered. It's offset towards the drivers side probably an inch. I'm sure that's why I rub.

And I had 30x9.5 tires before on stock rims and rubbed on the LCAs. Made a horrible grinding noise. I might take a dremel tool to the bumper cap though.

hey- I wanna know how those tires ride. I've been thinking of a set of those for my '96. Assuming you still have the stock 3:55 gears, did you notice any power loss? How about road noise? Thanks!

They are actually a lot quieter than I thought they'd be. I've ridden in Jeeps and trucks with BFGs, Toyos, and some Baja Claws and they are quieter than those.

I was already running 30's on there before so I really didn't notice any power loss. Just the typical rumbling upon take off. I like them a lot. I've never seen anything bad about them before I decided to get em either.

Back