• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pictures ( finally )

ren

NAXJA Forum User
jeep02.jpg

jeep01.jpg

This is the rear driveshaft from a early '90s Ford Exploder. This is going under the rear of my MJ. The u-joints are 1310 series, and the tube is roughly 44 1/2 " from yoke to yoke, on the center line. This was purchased for $30, including the flange. I thought that maybe some one would like proof of the possibilties of using a D/S from another brand, and having it work without mods. I really HATE using hi-dollar, custom stuff, since when it breaks, you tend to be hosed until you can get the money to pay for another hi-dollar piece.
jeep04.jpg

jeep03.jpg

jeep.jpg

jeep05.jpg

This is my MJ with a 3 1/2" lift AND sitting on 33x10.50x15" Swamper Boggers! I still need to trim the rear a little bit, but overall, I am very happy with the clearance that I have. The only rubbing that I feel is when you "bounce" the rear of the truck real well, or you have a good load in the bed. Yeah, I know- the D-35 is on borrowed time, when it finally goes, it is getting replaced with the 8.8" that I took from the Exploder that my rear D/S came from. ( the front end is going to be switched out after the new front axle is geared to match the 8.8.)

Back