• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seeking XJ Mech

JT_Law

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know a good, reasonably priced mech that does XJ rear main seals?

Near Oregon City, OR

This is on a 1990 4.0 Auto 4x 242

So far I've found one guy doesn't do em and one that is, ahem, let's just say he can afford some very nice 8 color raised print cards, and I try to avoid repair shops that are also used car lots, lol

Thanks

JT_Law said:
Anyone know a good, reasonably priced mech that does XJ rear main seals?

Near Oregon City, OR

This is on a 1990 4.0 Auto 4x 242

So far I've found one guy doesn't do em and one that is, ahem, let's just say he can afford some very nice 8 color raised print cards, and I try to avoid repair shops that are also used car lots, lol

Thanks

have you read any of the articles about doing a rear main it's not that hard jsut messy. check um out at least you will know what the guy is doing and will know better if the guy trys to zing ya for extra parts.

do a search on here and you will find alot of information on how to do it. it is really easy to do just messsy and make sure before you start to work on it wear clothes that you dont like because they will have to be trashed. i just changed my rear main seal in a 94 2wd xj and it was easy just dirty you will get alot of elbow grease on you..............

If you're unsure of doing it yourself try to find a local 4X4 club in your area and I'll bet you can get someone there to do it for you for a decent price. You can even watch/help them and learn how to do it. There is also a good shop in Redding, CA. (not too far from Oregon) I don't have the name right now, but I can get it for you if you want it.

After your searches, if you can't handle the work or don't have the time...

Post in the NW section for your needs. You might find someone who can help you through the job.

Jason

I do about 4 a month at my shop(used car lot that deals heavily in XJ/MJ/ZJs)
It's not all that hard, I drop the front axle, might be a bit of extra work but makes it very easy to drop the pan. The hardest part is getting all the old pan gasket off the block(the real messy part)...andy

Back