• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What type of Rocker Guards??

Tims99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have recently purchased a '99 XJ, and have been quickly modifying it to be offroad ready, but i am stumped when it comes to deciding which are the best rocker guards to put on my new XJ. On my old XJ, i just cut the old rocker panels out and put in steel ones. But i do not want to cut my new girl. So i would like your opions on the best rocker guards for my XJ.

Thanks
Tim

I just installed some 2x2" 1/8" thick rock rails from AJ's off road armour. He has many different styles and levels of durability. I bought the cheapest he had for $125 and had them line-x'd. They look sweet and are plenty strong for occaisional off roading like I do. They are a PTA to install, though - I had to notch out and grind the pinch seam to get them flush with rocker panel. I would think that they all install pretty much the same though. AJ and his wife have great customer service, very friendly, good prices, and ship quickly. Here's the link: http://ajsoffroadarmor.com/RockRails/index.htm.

Why not build your own? the steel shouldn't be too expensive, and since you cut out the rockers on your old truck, you have some experience in this area. You shouldn't have to do any cutting, have the steel supply do that, weld em up and you're ready to go.

i made my own for 55 bucks.
im making a set for a buddy i think we are at the 40 dollar mark without paint.
scrap yards, cut offs and walmart can be your friend.

Back