• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feb 18th Wharton Trip

91G-Dub

NAXJA Forum User
The MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep Club is holding a trip on Sunday Feb 18th at Wharton State Park. Trip is open to anyone in a Jeep.
We'll be meeting at the Ranger Station at 9:00AM and leaving promptly at 9:30AM for a day of wheeling.
So far we have 10FSJs, 1 XJ and a few baby Jeeps lined up.
Bring lunch and warm clothes, we're going rain.snow or shine.
For further deatils e-mail me at:
[email protected]

Do you guys know what trails you're doing? I'll go to tag along, but I don't feel like hitting any deep water again. I'm still fixing parts that are breaking from the Jan 6th run...

GhostDakota said:
Do you guys know what trails you're doing? I'll go to tag along, but I don't feel like hitting any deep water again. I'm still fixing parts that are breaking from the Jan 6th run...

We're going to be doing mostly mild stuff. There will be some stuff for "the Big Dogs" with go-arounds for those that are stock.

Most of the FSJ crowd have stock Jeeps (I do) and don't want to risk any damage.

Trails will be Quaker Bridge Road turning south to Batsto alongside the river then back north on the other side of the river up to Apple Pie Hill.

91G-Dub said:
We're going to be doing mostly mild stuff. There will be some stuff for "the Big Dogs" with go-arounds for those that are stock.

Most of the FSJ crowd have stock Jeeps (I do) and don't want to risk any damage.

Trails will be Quaker Bridge Road turning south to Batsto alongside the river then back north on the other side of the river up to Apple Pie Hill.

Sounds good. I'll see what I'm up to this weekend and let you know. It's pay day Friday so it's looking good... I'd like to replace my centering ball on the front D/S before then, but that's most likely not going to happen.

Not sure of those trails off the top of my head, but are there plans to visit the fire tower? :)

GhostDakota said:
Sounds good. I'll see what I'm up to this weekend and let you know. It's pay day Friday so it's looking good... I'd like to replace my centering ball on the front D/S before then, but that's most likely not going to happen.

Not sure of those trails off the top of my head, but are there plans to visit the fire tower? :)

We'll be meeting at the Ranger Station at 9:00AM leaving at 9:30AM.
Probably ending up at the Fire Tower late afternoon.

Hope you can make it

My 4WD is down again.... I ran through all of Wharton a few times in 2WD and only had issues through the center of deep holes... I may still go, we'll see how it's driving come the weekend.

What CB channel will you guys be on?

I did our whole 2006 Jeep-In without 4WD in my stock 1991 Grand Wagoneer.

We did a Recon a few weeks ago of the trails that we're going to take and I only used 4WD once through a pretty big (but not too deep) puddle just in case.

e-mail me and I'll give you my cell #. Not sure which CB channell we'll be using.

Back