• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Better door seals.

Mike L

NAXJA Forum User
I searced and know there is talk about using 97 and up weatherstrip on a 96 and older to get a better seal. I am in need to get new seals because most mine mine on the front driver soor is ripped. I was looking at Autozone.com and the p/n for a 96 and a 99 is the same for the door seal. Is the dealer the only place to get the thicker seals? I checked ebay and the ones there are for a 96 and down.

-Mike

The only place I managed to find them was at the dealership, but I didn't buy them yet. They wanted almost $70 each!

I got mine from the junk yard off a 99 2dr (just had to trim the extra) for $20 total.
The doors were harder to close for the first few days but they are so much quieter.

Do a quick internet search - I'm wanting to do the same thing and came across a company selling all types of trim in seconds. Only problem is they sell it in 10m minimum lengths...

Mike L said:
I searced and know there is talk about using 97 and up weatherstrip on a 96 and older to get a better seal. I am in need to get new seals because most mine mine on the front driver soor is ripped. I was looking at Autozone.com and the p/n for a 96 and a 99 is the same for the door seal. Is the dealer the only place to get the thicker seals? I checked ebay and the ones there are for a 96 and down.

-Mike

I'd almost bet that they're aftermarket style, one size fits all and they won't have the thickness you're looking for. MADXJ's site has the writeup on this with the OEM part numbers.

Back