• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pre 98 TC on'00 AW-4

halmca

NAXJA Forum User
YES! I have read every word of the excellent "everything you wanna know about the AW-4". Wish I had read it much earlier in the game. ($1500 ago.) But the following question remains:

QUESTION: Will the output shaft of my 2000 AW-4 mate with the input shaft of my '97 NP-231? The output shaft of my AW-4 has 23 splines. At this point, I don't know how many splines the input shaft of my 231 has cuz it's installed in my Jeep.

Anyone know?

Last edited:
YES! I have read every word of the excellent "everything you wanna know about the AW-4". Wish I had read it much earlier in the game. ($1500 ago.) But the following question remains:

QUESTION: Will the output shaft of my 2000 AW-4 mate with the input shaft of my '97 NP-231? The output shaft of my AW-4 has 23 splines. At this point, I don't know how many splines the input shaft of my 231 has cuz it's installed in my Jeep.

Anyone know?

Yes it will bolt up. You're read the "everything" article and are aware that the 2000 trans computer won't work with the 97 trans, right?

The XJ only came with two incompatible T-Case input shafts, you have the early (renix era) 21 spline and the 23 spline T-cases. Doesn't matter if it's a manual, auto, NP231 or an NP242. they will all bold up as long as the spline count matches.

Back