• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guns I would like to get....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
So I was looking at the Rifle's thread and it got me thinking. What would I like to have. So here goes. M1 Garand, AR-15, Lever Action 44mag, Browning Semi auto 12 guage, ruger 10/22, and a 357mag.

What I own: S&W .38, and a .380 semi-auto

So lets see what the rest of you have and want.

Here's my next pistol. It's a kimber ultra tactical II

large_ultra2jpg.jpg

I've got an old browning bar safari grade 30-06 I deer hunt with. I've got a benelli 12ga I duck and goose hunt with. I use a browning citori over-under to upland and dove hunt with. My personel carry gun right now is a titanium airlight 357...I also have a S&W and a ruger 44mag revolver but I don't really have much use for them. I think my gun buying days are over except for the above kimber and maybe the new S&W 500 mag...

All I need is an MP5SD and some more hydra-shok 147gr subsonic loads.

I figure when the time comes, I can use that (or whatever else I have handy) to take what I want.

What I have:
DS Arms SA-58 Para Congo .308/7.62 x 51, rail interface,Aimpoint 7000L 2x red dot scope & other goodies
Walther P99 Military 9mm
Mossberg 590 military police 12ga., 9 shot,AR-15 collapsable stock, Surefire fore end
Ruger 10/22 with custom ss full-float, quick change barrel, 3x scope, 5 -30 rd mags.
Remington 870 20ga.
Remington 870 12 ga.
Huglu custom over/under 12 ga.,selectable barrel firing,5 choke tubes,vent-rib barrels.
Franchi featherweight 20 ga. auto-loader.
Mosin Nagant infantry rifle 1925 vintage.
Savage .410/.22 survival gun.
J.C. Higgins 16 ga. bolt action.
Custom rifle my grandfather made in 1959- Mauser K98 action,Monte Carlo style stock,custom machined Browning M1919 barrel,1964 vintage Browning scope, fires a custom round- .338 Win Mag case necked down to accept a .30 cal bullet

Some that my Father-in-law is going to give me:
1873 Winchester .44-40
Winchester .22 lever action
Some ancient,unknown brand 10 ga. goose gun
and a few others

What I want:
PTR 91 or equal
PSG1
H&K MP5 or equivelent
AR-15 and/or Sig 556
Springfield M-1A SOCOM
.50 BMG- probably Barrett or Grizzly big-bore
H&K USP Tactical .45 and/or MK 23 SOCOM
Kimber Tactical Custom (probably my next purchase)
Sig Mosquito .22 and/or Walther P22
Minigun (its nice to dream :D)

Last edited:
I have a Winchester .44cal lever action that is begging to be fired. Its a little cannon with a 16" barrel.

Favorites:
Glock 23, Glock 27, SKS, Winchester lever action

I'd like to get a quality solder gun myself, I do a lot of wiring repair (two XJ's!).

A pnumatic grease gun would be killer too but I think I'm going to wait on that until I have a large enough garage for a shop.

what i got

Beretta 92FS (i know its a 9mm but its the same as what i used to carry back in the day

Remington 870 police style 12 ga. 18.5 in barel, speed feed stock, extened mag, and ghost ring sights.

Mosin Nagant 7.62x57R. manufactured in 1938. used. scoped (not the orig. sniper scope). i love it but its hard to find some non farous(sp?- no iron/steel) rounds to use at the local indoor range.

i want:

M4 as close to mil spec as i can get it (havent found one with the same rear sights as what i used)

XD 45. no need to elaborate there.

I've never been a gun guy so I know very little about them. I took a CCW course last year but was really turned off. The instructors and people taking the course seemed ultra paranoid. I was basically interested in getting a gun b/c I would like to go on the road this summer for a minimum of a month and fish the great trout waters of the west. I know I'd be in Grizzly country and thought it would be responsible to carry a gun and know how to use it. I prefer the look of a semi-auto (I know that sounds gay) but everyone told me I should get a revolver so I didn't have to worry about it jamming from trouncing around the water all day. So....if I had to get a revolver it would be a SW357. If I got a semi-auto I'd probably get something from Springfield Armory. An XD in 9mm, .40 or .45 caliber.

-river

I've seen that S&W makes a .357 in a 3" barrell I think. The only handgun I have ever shot was a revolver (5.5" barrel IIRC) that an old timer that was involved in the CCW course loaned me for qualifying. I shot through 2 boxes of .38 special and 12 rounds of .357. It was fun I guess but I'd rather be on the water. I guess I look at it like a form of responsibility. When I go out for the day I make sure I have extra clothes and food. Do I not owe it to my girl to be prepared in the very odd event that I encounter a critter (2 or 4 legged)?

My list is pretty short.
Guns I'd like to get in order:
For Hunting - Ruger Frontier .243/scoped
For Varmits and fun - SIG 556
Second Handgun - HK USPC .357Sig

This is the only gun I own right now, Sig 229 .357Sig:

iced2.jpg

I've got
Ruger 10/22 with heavy barrel and hogue stock
Ruger single six in 22 mag
Savage bolt action 410 gauge
Savage single shot bolt action .22
and kinda interesting I think, becuase I really havent seen any others like them a pump action 12 gauge, a bolt action .22 and a lever action 30-30 that are Sears Roebuck "Ted Williams Sportsman models"

wants
Springfield M1A
some sort of tactical shot gun (870?)
Kimber ultra tac II ( good lookin)
Barrett .50 cal ( reach out and touch someone)

Back