• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

probly a dumb gun question but..

XJ Eric

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at getting a SIG 226 or 228.
Will magazines from a beretta 92 go with a sig 228? I think I know that answer already but I'm gonna ask anyway:D

Yup, that IS a dumb question. :D

Same caliber, but different manufacturers.

:twak: no I'm not asking if the bullets are the same!
You know that metal thing you put the bullets in before you put it in the gun? The magazine! do the magazines from a 9mm beretta fit a 9mm Sig 226?

Last edited:
Nope, no-go. In fact a Sig mag will not work in all Sig guns, not all Glock mags are interchangable with all glock pistols (even of the same caliber).

You need to purchase the right mags for the gun, there is limited interchangability and only within the same manufacturer.

sig yuk..hope it doesn't blow apart in your hands. funny thing is when it happens, sig will just say "sorry you'll have to just buy a new gun" hell and back reliable my arse.

XJ Eric said:
:twak: no I'm not asking if the bullets are the same!
You know that metal thing you put the bullets in before you put it in the gun? The magazine! do the magazines from a 9mm beretta fit a 9mm Sig 226?

Yeah, I know what you were asking. I said "different manufacturers", which was meant to be a "no". One manufacturer's magazine will not fit other manufacturers' guns.

When I said "same caliber", I meant that is the only thing those two guns have in common.

Back